Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router/Router table recommendations

Options
  • 27-05-2020 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭

Now that we have sorted the tracks/bandsaw/planer\;thicknesses, time to look at routers router tables:D

All suggestions welcome, would need to take a 1/2" collet.
    I have had a Makita before but fitting it to a table was a drag.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

This table with the router not included for £1000,

Trend CRT/MK3 CraftPro Router Table MK3 240V

You could buy a spindle for that price nearly

https://www.iedepot.ie/holzstar-tf170e-spindle-moulder/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr4q5t4DW6QIVCLLtCh3lYAA7EAQYASABEgKlVPD_BwE

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭chillyspoon

I went a bit of a weird route (pun intended) almost by accident - I borrowed a Triton RT001 module from a local dealer to try out, after seeing one standing in the corner of their office and then ended up buying it.

ScrewFix have them for about 180 blips: https://www.screwfix.ie/p/triton-twx7rt001-router-table-module/2831r

I don't own the Triton TWX7 workcentre that it's designed to drop into; instead I have it mounted on a Black & Decker Workmate where it has served me well for the last couple of years.

Obviously it plays nice with the Triton routers - their in-built lift mechanism works great (I have the mid level MOF001, which comes with a 1/4" collet but can receive a 1/2" collet" https://www.yandles.co.uk/triton-12-collet-nut-to-fit-jof001-mof001/p14592).

Dust extraction works well using the two ports (one on the router and one in the table).

My very next project is to built a cabinet to replace the Workmate, so that I can get some storage space organised underneath - just started modelling it up in CAD a day or two ago!

Pros:

- cheap and quick
    - no need to worry about building dust extraction, fence(s) etc like you get if you completely build your own router table
    - it works - I've run 3m boards through this set up.

Cons:

- the t-track (for the feather boards, mitre gauge etc) is on the TWX7 workstation so without that, you have to come up with a different approach (this has been no problem however - the feather boards which come included just clamp onto the table top and I've created jigs that reference the table edge instead of needing a t-track)
    - it's definitely untidy and a clutter magnet!
    - the inserts and their levelling screws aren't great. I ended up buying 2 extra sets of screws (cost about a tenner) so that I wouldn't have to risk damaging the inserts by transferring the screws between them when changing inserts to accommodate different cutter sizes.

514527.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks guys, don't have room for a spindle: my rule is if I can't lift it on my own then it can't come in!
    A lot of stuff sold out on Amazon and Ruthlands or they don't ship to the 26 :(

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Thanks guys, don't have room for a spindle: my rule is if I can't lift it on my own then it can't come in!
    A lot of stuff sold out on Amazon and Ruthlands or they don't ship to the 26 :(

Parcel Motel (Larger items)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement