Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Film Festival

Options
  • 22-01-2004 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Great to see an outdoors section.
    Anyway the Banff mountain film festival is coming to Ireland this year and i thought a few of ye might be interested. Its in Cork though so a lot of people might have to traval a bit. Some of the films look fairly interesting
    Film festival

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

This thing is worth going to just to see "touching the void" alone

Forget vertical limit and cliffhanger these are piss poo compared to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I presume they are showing Touching the Void but their program is incomplete. Is it the full program from the UK then?

Yea they are showing it my buddy is in UCC MC who are hosting it ... I saw it already in the corkfilm festival.

Don't know if its the same as the UK programme though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Skorzeny

I`m afraid that i don`t think they will be showing touching the void. :mad: Someone said that because it had been released comercially that it wasn`t going to be shown.
    But I hope I`m wrong. I`d love to see that film.
    I`m in the UCC MC, by the way, so I`m being reasonable accurate about that. The confirmed schedule will be up soon anyway.

What nooooooooooooo :(

Thats mainly the reason I was buying tickets, and the kayaking bits.

Who wants to watch people rockclimb better off watching paint dry FFS.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Skorzeny
    I`m afraid that i don`t think they will be showing touching the void. :mad: Someone said that because it had been released comercially that it wasn`t going to be shown. .

From an article in Saturday's Irish Times you can expect Touching the Void in cinemas shortly.

(But will it have the sheer impact that Everest had when it was shown in the old Imax?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davalanche

the full schedule for the festival should be released soon apparently the programme will be mulled over on wednesday night

Advertisement