Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things could be worse... (than Dublin's transport info)

• 10-06-2019 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,545 ✭✭✭✭

So in Dublin we have issues with GAI routes appearing on many third party data sources, Dublin Bus website not having a working Google Maps key and other stuff. And it seems extra specially incompetent when your idea of European standards is TFL or 9292 in Amsterdam etc.

I'm currently in Santiago de Compostela. Google Maps and Moovit are either being fed bogey data or are interpreting that it's 'summer time' already - starts July 1 - and are outright missing the bus route that passes my hotel, except it has the Summer Saturdays. It's running fine, 20min headway, good service for the area.

Google also thinks that the airport buses terminate at the city coach station when they actually then go to the rail station and their equivalent of College Green - causing it to suggest lengthy walks to connect. This city is mostly visited by older people and is very hilly, walks may be what brings many people here but they're still not a good thing!

Their TFI equivalent has no valid Google Maps key so half the site doesn't work. The individual operators... Well - one of them last updated it's site in 2015 and has entirely the wrong timetables on it!

The services themseleves are quite decent, clockface departures on modern single deckers. The fares are dirt cheap - €1 flat, and 60c on a Leap equivalent; but I can't find out how to buy them. Compare to the Leap Visitor advertising plastered all over Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It gets worse - I've now just seen that the RTPI screens at some of the stops are colour TFT behind some form of vandalism protection plastic that has degraded in the sunlight and hence completely illegible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I think it might be more accurate to compare the bus service in Santiago de Compostela with the BE services in Limerick since they both have a very similar population rather than Dublin.

Advertisement