Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions of this song? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Hi, Katie.... excellent stuff, where did you record the song...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 KatiesMusic96

kirb42 wrote: »
    Hi, Katie.... excellent stuff, where did you record the song...
    Thanks! Claycastle Recording studios in Youghal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Very impressed Katie.... did you use a live band to record the track....or is it studio produced... really excellent stuff....fair play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

very good keep it up katie,
    not what i was expecting listening to the intro,
    i liked it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dyslexic I am

What part of the United States are you from, Katie?

• Advertisement

kirb42 wrote: »
    Very impressed Katie.... did you use a live band to record the track....or is it studio produced... really excellent stuff....fair play...

Studio produced! :) I did the guitar, keyboards and the vocals obviously haha and the rest were other musicians!
    hponboard wrote: »
    very good keep it up katie,
    not what i was expecting listening to the intro,
    i liked it
    Thanks! Haha yeah people never expect the loud guitars :)
    What part of the United States are you from, Katie?
    I'm from Ireland actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dyslexic I am

Studio produced! :) I did the guitar, keyboards and the vocals obviously haha and the rest were other musicians!

Thanks! Haha yeah people never expect the loud guitars :)

I'm from Ireland actually!

Really? I guess you must have lived in the US for yonks.:confused:

Really? I guess you must have lived in the US for yonks.:confused:

Nope, I've never lived anywhere but Ireland! why do you think that? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Because you sing like a Yank!

Nolanger wrote: »
    Because you sing like a Yank!

Thats a first, no ones ever said I sound American before :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bush Baby

I really like this.... Not sure if 'crashing' the lines together was meant but somehow it works but it is a bit confusing - Just my 2cent worth though....

Great video too!

bush Baby wrote: »
    I really like this.... Not sure if 'crashing' the lines together was meant but somehow it works but it is a bit confusing - Just my 2cent worth though....

Great video too!

Haha thanks, yeah unfortunately my video editing skills are non-existent :P

Oh an I didn't get to see the singer singing!!

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Like it! How did you do the video?

Fi H wrote: »
    Like it! How did you do the video?

Thanks! I just used iMovie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Joshua Jones

Katie that's a fantastic song, wouldn't be out of place on the radio and in fact I've heard a lot worse getting play time lately. You should be proud of yourself. And if your user name reflects your DOB i.e 96 then you've got a great future ahead of you (and even if its not lol). I'll keep my eye out for your stuff. KUTGW.

Katie that's a fantastic song, wouldn't be out of place on the radio and in fact I've heard a lot worse getting play time lately. You should be proud of yourself. And if your user name reflects your DOB i.e 96 then you've got a great future ahead of you (and even if its not lol). I'll keep my eye out for your stuff. KUTGW.

Thanks so much! I"m really glad you like it, haha yeah 96 is the year I was born. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ucancallmeAl

reminds me of yer one who sings complicated. not exactly my cup of tea but is well put together. well done.

reminds me of yer one who sings complicated. not exactly my cup of tea but is well put together. well done.

Hahaha, I love ''yer one who sings complicated'' so thanks! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭hponboard

born in 96, reverse the numbers was when i was born and i only starting playing drums two years ago, and wrote lyric's to my first song last year with a band someone else sang it though. you have a good head start Katie.
    keep it going.
    swing towards the indie side don't go the girlie band road :cool:

• Advertisement

Katiesmusic.... I seriously think you should go to this songwriting camp in Dublin - Have a read of it and if you like what its all about, get in touch with the guys there

http://www.emeraz.com/songwritingcampireland

You're definitely the 'right stuff' they're looking for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

I deliberately didn't watch the video, just listened to it.

At the end I didn't know what the lyrics said. The phrases were catchy, but many lines were drowned out by guitar solos and drums. The production was too professional (or tried to be.) The sound dominated. But the overall impression was that it could be good. I thought that if it was simplified it could be something like Heathers "Remember When".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

yankeedoodledandy!

Advertisement