Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is your favorite christmas commercial ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This one encapsulates Christmas for me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Loved this ad all last xmas!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

lord lucan wrote: »
    This one encapsulates Christmas for me.:)

totally forgot about that one
    i like this is one

i think the bulmers adds are gas aswell

candy-gal1 wrote: »

Loved this ad all last xmas!! :D

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Smug beardy twat!:mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Can't believe nobody has posted this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

<Singing>
    Pennys,

Got a whole lot of things for Christmas,

Got a lot for the family,

Lalalaaa la la la la la, lalalaaaa la lala la la la

</Singing>

Been beaten to it for the cornflakes ad, best xmas ad ever! still makes me cry!

that old coca cola truck add is the best i fcuking hate the new one

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I love the Budweiser ad. It must be 30 years old by now! That was always when Christmas started for me, when I saw that on TV.

The Guinness ad is just amazing. It's perfect from start to finish. I love the countless impressions of the guinness throughout the ad. And the music, the humour, the cinematography, I even love the girl's voice whispering "Happy Christmas" at the end. Did they win an award for that ad? Cos they should have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GWfdbYbDVzg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GWfdbYbDVzg?fs=1&hl=en_US&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think Homer means this one.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 niamh1988

has to be the guinness christmas ad

What i love about the Guinness ad is it sums up to me xmas day. "Still" is the best word i can describe it,the silence around the place on xmas day. It's the one day of the year when the hurry,the haste,the frenzy of daily life stands still. There's no traffic on the road,all so quiet. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Has to be the old Penneys ad....penneys got a whole lot of things for christmas, got a lot for the family, lah lah lalalaa lalalaa lala lah lah...aaaand so on.

Shame its not on anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Has to be the old Penneys ad....penneys got a whole lot of things for christmas, got a lot for the family, lah lah lalalaa lalalaa lala lah lah...aaaand so on.

I could almost swear I heard it on the radio last year???

I could almost swear I heard it on the radio last year???

I thought i heard it too!:confused:

That ad is up there with: Northside - Boom - Northside - Boom - The great great shopping centre!:D

I think Homer means this one.;)

Thats the one :D

Thanks

Not sure why it didn't work :mad:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thats the one :D

Thanks

Not sure why it didn't work :mad:

Hey homer o/ When posting youtube videos, what you need to do is, take everything after the = sign in a URL and put it in [noparse][/noparse] tags. You can get these tags by clicking this little button when you're typing your post out youtube.gif.

So this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

becomes this

[noparse][/noparse]

Becomes this

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cooltown

Has to be th coca-cola one!!!:D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey homer o/ When posting youtube videos, what you need to do is, take everything after the = sign in a URL and put it in [noparse][/noparse] tags. You can get these tags by clicking this little button when you're typing your post out youtube.gif.

So this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmgf60CI_ks

becomes this

[noparse][/noparse]

Becomes this

:)

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

Dyflin wrote: »
    Can't believe nobody has posted this one

Cannot and will not be beaten by any ad!!

Where is she now I ask you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Candy Gal - I have to agree with lord lucan on this. That meteor ad made me want to punch the TV - that beardy git just did my head in - I wanted to slap his face off. smug git. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

What i love about the Guinness ad is it sums up to me xmas day. "Still" is the best word i can describe it,the silence around the place on xmas day. It's the one day of the year when the hurry,the haste,the frenzy of daily life stands still. There's no traffic on the road,all so quiet. I love it.

there's traffic all over the place since the shops started opening on Christmas day. everyone looking for cigarettes at the corner shops. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Candy Gal - I have to agree with lord lucan on this. That meteor ad made me want to punch the TV - that beardy git just did my head in - I wanted to slap his face off. smug git. :mad:
    God, I hate that smug beardy twat. I hope they do an ad this year where he's hit by the recession, has his guitar repossessed and someone punches him in his beardy face. I have a warm glow of Christmas cheer just imagining that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I've looked for that ad on youtube and am amazed to say it's not on it! I need to see that ad again! That's the one with the cartoon boy isn't it?

But there was also one with the elves working in Santas workshop! I LOVED that!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Budweiser ad and the Coca cola ad are favorites as well :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The Guinness one makes me cry! And I love the Budweiser and Pennys.
    "Pennys, got a whole lot of things for Christmas, got a lot for the famillleeeee...."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Budweiser for me, the one at the start of the thread and perhaps the Penneys one on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭jmbkay

"Holidays are coming, holidays are coming".

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Used to love the old Penneys ads, used to play a game where we had to count the number of penneys shopping bags in the ad (back when they had the old green and cream plastic bags :) ). Love the An Post Walking in the air ad for Christmas stamps/post by dates though never saw it last year so maybe its not used anymore. And of course the Coca Cola Polar bear ad, so cute!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Used to love the old Penneys ads, used to play a game where we had to count the number of penneys shopping bags in the ad (back when they had the old green and cream plastic bags :) ). Love the An Post Walking in the air ad for Christmas stamps/post by dates though never saw it last year so maybe its not used anymore. And of course the Coca Cola Polar bear ad, so cute!

I'm certain I saw it several times last year on RTE1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Uachtar Reoite

Love, love, love the Take That Marks and Spencer's ad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz7huqlNrzI

i loved that add :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

Definitely the Coca cola one...I squealed when it came on the tv the last day, from the excitement of it!
    and
    The Kellogs one with the litte girl "ho, ho ho"
    and
    The budweiser one with the horses...I love those horses! They are fab!!!

Is it just me or does it seem that there's less xmas ads on the tv at this stage compared to previous years?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Seen the CocaCola 'Holidays are Coming' ad for the first time this year the other day, sooo excited now!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The Guinness one for me by a mile too.Its the one xmas ad I could watch in July and enjoy, plus we'll be seeing it for years to come I think-timeless.

I love the budweiser horses too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or does it seem that there's less xmas ads on the tv at this stage compared to previous years?

Notice that myself the only Christmas ads I've seen so far are the furniture stores and the Meteor De-Scrooge Ads, I can't recall seeing any of the old-school classic ones yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Notice that myself the only Christmas ads I've seen so far are the furniture stores and the Meteor De-Scrooge Ads, I can't recall seeing any of the old-school classic ones yet!

I've been told that the coca cola ad and the an post ad have been on already! Usually they start coming on more once we get into December:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Guinness one on TV3 just now! :D

Absolutely LOVE it - my favourite by a county mile and feels so appropriate in the current weather. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Guinness one on TV3 just now! :D

Absolutely LOVE it - my favourite by a county mile and feels so appropriate in the current weather. :)

Totally agree. It was on again later too..as soon as I hear the first note I start welling up. My favourite Christmas ad by a long, long way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Always thought it was the Coca-Cola and Budweiser ads that I loved most but when I looked at it here I realized that the Guinness ad is perfect. It's everything Christmas is...warm, moving, still and full of wonder...yes I may have over analysed a little but I just cant help it when I see these ads :D. Love the ad for An Phost as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Guinness hands down. its is simply class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

All the coca cola ones! (all posted already so i won't youtube them . . :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CareBearGirl

The Guinness Christmas Commercial is thee best advert ever. It brings a lump in my throat & a little tear in my eye every time i see it. I love the fact that they play this true classic every Christmas. Does anyone know what/where the piece of music is from? The walking man in the snow, the streets, the fox, very well put together! Kudos on whoever created........

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Without a doubt the old Coca Cola ad with the truck! Love it, always know Christmas has begun when it comes on..
    And of course the Guinness ad, always reminds me of Christmas Eve.
    And the Kellogg's ad too, my friends and I quote it all year round! How old is that little blonde girl now I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

How has no one mentioned the Barry's Tea ad from the Radio. The one with him describing coming down the stairs on Christmas morning and he goes and buys the train set and the wife is like "sure that's not what they wanted" and he says "Santa will bring them what they want, this is from me....put the kettle on". LOVE IT! :D

tbh i havent seen the budwiser ad with the horses in the snow

• Advertisement
Advertisement