Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Tree Train Set

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

After years of meaning to buy a Christmas themed train set to put around the base of the tree I'm determined to buy one this year only I don't know where to go :(

I realise a lot of shops that would sell them won't have them stocked yet but I'd love it if someone could tell me where is likely to have them come November/December time? The only place I've seen one so far is here but tbh that strikes me as a little expensive for what it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I picked one up in Penneys a couple of years back for 15euro. I stood on it 2 years ago and although it still works, I am looking to replace it. Like you, I don't want to pay that much for one and it seems that is the general price from Woodies ect. There is a Christmas sop just off the m50 that has them and I think they were 45 but that was in the off season as the shop opens all year. Have you tried amazon / eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Love2love wrote: »
    I picked one up in Penneys a couple of years back for 15euro. I stood on it 2 years ago and although it still works, I am looking to replace it. Like you, I don't want to pay that much for one and it seems that is the general price from Woodies ect. There is a Christmas sop just off the m50 that has them and I think they were 45 but that was in the off season as the shop opens all year. Have you tried amazon / eBay?

Yeah I've had a look on there as well but nothing for much less than the €50 mark either unfortunately, especially once postage is included :(
    donnacha wrote: »

Had a look on adverts and places like that too but no joy, that had is UK only too unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sparky_2011

I got one in Woodies last year quite cheaply - definitely nowhere near the €50 mark. They usually have a sale in late November/Early December on Xmas decorations so you should pick one up then with at least 20% off if I remember correctly. I'd say it'd work out at about €20 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Charl0tte

This is such a lovely idea, the kids would love it. Will definitely get one this year! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was looking at Woodies website today and they have some for 18.99

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

I was looking at Woodies website today and they have some for 18.99

I checked the Woodies website and the Christmas Train sets are all battery operated. I too wish to buy a Christmas tree base train set. I checked in Heatons and Penny's and they have none in stock yet.

Where could i pick up one that is not too expensive?

Advertisement