Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post pictures of your studio/workstation

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Cheers Alan, it's not much but it's home.

Yeah, it would be like that but with acoustic treatment installed and all that jazz. It would take quite a bit of start-up cash and nobody really had the time to really pursue it. Ah well, could be a good sideline for somebody. You'd have to be clearing 50 sheds a year at least to make it worthwhile as a main job.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Hi,
    Picture of Bluebird Studios control room which is getting extra work done next week finally. Hope to post new pictures then. Live rooms are also getting a face lift next week and retuned again .. So next week is a big week for the studio I guess !
    Thanks - Dec

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

thasta really nice studio :) where is it and would it cost much to record there ( it looks like a very good studio )

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Hi A V A,
    Thanks for the kind remarks. The studio is based in Castlewarden Straffan - that's near Rathcoole village Co Dublin. Its 7 min of the N7. The rates are normally €500 including engineer now running at €400 a day as a special offer.
    Again many thanks for your enquiry
    -Declan Lonergan
    info@bluebirdstudios.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Ha ha, Well I really mean a shed that comes with soundproofing and sound treatment built in.
    http://mixonline.com/news/ssl-shed-studio-101007/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

madtheory wrote: »

Cheers Madtheory, That's very nice. slightly out of my budget though:D

I saw a few guys on Gearslutz who converted some old lorry containers (the big steel yokes) into working studios. They looked fab, probably cost as much as the one in the link to fit out though.

Thanks

Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Have a few pics of my current setup, I use it to record instrumental music (guitar/electronic):

Axe FX Ultra premap (amazing), Mesa Boogie Triaxis preamp, Marshall JMP1 preamp, Mesa Boogie 50/50 poweramp, Orange 112 cab and a DB Technologies 4-12 plus FR monitor (for the Axe FX)

studio2c.jpg

My main recording rack: a Studio Technologies VTB-1 Preamp for boosting the direct guitar signal, a Furman power conditioner, an ESI ESP1010 interface (a great sounding interface with ridiculously low latency for a bargain price), a Korg DTR1000 tuner and a TC G-Major 2.0

studio3.jpg

Various software programs:

studio4.jpg

Not pictured: Yamaha HS80m monitors, Roland PC200 controller keyboard, Presonus Faderport, Korg Microkorg, Reason 4.0, Revalver MKIII, EBS Microbass II and various mics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Very nice Mataguri. Some serious stuff there.

how much was the esi interface mataguri?? looks good hehe i just got a focusrite interface just a cheap one to start off but eventually want to get a good one,i have my set up all finished jus trying to get a camera to bloody take a picture of it !!

is that your place ?look like their is a good amount f space ,i dont know about anyone else but i need space so i can write and record but i dont have that :( have to use my friends recording studio

A V A wrote: »
    how much was the esi interface mataguri?? looks good hehe i just got a focusrite interface just a cheap one to start off but eventually want to get a good one,i have my set up all finished jus trying to get a camera to bloody take a picture of it !!

is that your place ?look like their is a good amount f space ,i dont know about anyone else but i need space so i can write and record but i dont have that :( have to use my friends recording studio

The ESI was around €250, amazing review of it here: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/aug05/articles/esiproesp1010.htm. Unfortunately it wont work with a laptop as it connects to your mac/PC via an internal PCI card, but on the plus side because its internally based I can run large sessions with no glitching at less than 2.5ms. I have 'upgraded' a few times but none of the interfaces I bought could match its sound quality or performance so I always came back to it :)

That is my place :) I have a room dedicated to music gear, its great :D All it needs is a piano and its done!

• Advertisement

hope you get your piano soon :););) id love a set room for all my music stuff,wish all my gear gear was fully set up and i didnt have to keep taking stuff out of the wardrobe etc haha

may i ask what is that on top of the flight case with the interface in it ??

may i ask what is that on top of the flight case with the interface in it ??

Thats a a Studio Technologies VTB-1 Preamp. I use it to boost the input signal from my mics and from my guitars when I plug in direct.

oh ok im having that problem when im using logic 9.i have my amp mic'ed up and into my focusrite interface but the guitar is really low when recorded track is played back .i have done all the level checks etc buts it still to low ,would you say i wold need to buy a preamp?? i though logic or any daw would have a built in pre amp

oh ok im having that problem when im using logic 9.i have my amp mic'ed up and into my focusrite interface but the guitar is really low when recorded track is played back .i have done all the level checks etc buts it still to low ,would you say i wold need to buy a preamp?? i though logic or any daw would have a built in pre amp

You don't get software preamps, they are hardware units used to amplify low level signals to line level signals.

Using an SM57 I was never able to get a proper level signal through any of my interfaces until I got a separate preamp. I have/had an ART Tube MP preamp which you can have for free if I can find it, but I have a feeling I may have thrown it out.

oh ok :) im just new to all this outboard gear side of things as well as software etc :(
    if you can that would nice of you dude :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Hey Mataguri, do you have a band or are you a studio Engineer or what?

Feel free to ignore the question ;)

oh ok :) im just new to all this outboard gear side of things as well as software etc :(
    if you can that would nice of you dude :)

Its no problem, it took me many years of trial and error to figure out what hardware and software I needed. I'll give a look after work and see if I still have it.
    MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Hey Mataguri, do you have a band or are you a studio Engineer or what?

I was in a band but it imploded after the singer emigrated to America. Nowadays I'm just a hobbyist who spends most of his work days browsing Ebay for bargains on music gear (the benefits of working in internet security company). I might try and get another band together in the future but for now I'm more than happy just to work on my own things :)

Mataguri wrote: »
    I was in a band but it imploded after the singer emigrated to America. Nowadays I'm just a hobbyist who spends most of his work days browsing Ebay for bargains on music gear (the benefits of working in internet security company). I might try and get another band together in the future but for now I'm more than happy just to work on my own things :)

Cool man!

Sorry to hear about your singer... I know all about flacky singers... the last singer I had (I finally have a good one now) had a nervous breakdown after we were signed to a major label... So I feel your pain.

Do you have tracks of your own stuff?

Just curious what all that gear sounds like, in the context of a recording...

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Cool man!
    Do you have tracks of your own stuff?

Just curious what all that gear sounds like, in the context of a recording...

I have some of recordings of my old gear but none so far with the Axe FX Ultra. Hopefully with the long weekend coming up I'll get a chance to get something recorded which I'll gladly put up here :)

Mataguri wrote: »
    I have some of recordings of my old gear but none so far with the Axe FX Ultra. Hopefully with the long weekend coming up I'll get a chance to get something recorded which I'll gladly put up here :)

Good luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

36798_452159054873_645694873_6041146_3742663_n.jpg

paul iiknow you have better pictures than that :) hehehehe

any more ???

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Robin Ball

I'll give you one. Here is my setup just before the console goes back in next week. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

this is a stop gap set up. it will eventually be going into a proper room.

i use it for recording guitar riffs, song ideas and my working on my band's stuff

Photo0032.jpg
    There's a 1981 JCM800 and 900 series 1960A missing. That's a 1964 Vox AC50 you can just about see in the corner.

Photo0031.jpg
    Photo0029.jpg
    I do all my set ups and repairs and also built the plain black amp from the first pic. It's got a footswitchable tweed style clean with an SLO/5150 style lead. Solo boost is also footswitchable like a Dual Rec.

Photo0030.jpg
    I run Reaper and use Superior Drummer and ReValvers/LePou plugs for quick demos/song sketches.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

ME%21.png
    DESK.png
    PRES.png
    HEADS.png
    COMFY.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

^^^ giggidy ^^^ @ petemaher and trackmix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Few new bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls