Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Schott Ceran Induction Hob - Wok doesnt work

Options
  • 21-05-2020 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

We recently moved into a new house and the above induction hob was left by the old owners. We bought new pots and pans to use on the induction hob and all of them seem to work with the exceptions of the wok. Initially I thought there was an issue with the orginal wok so I returned it and bought a new one (different make but like the first it was suitable for induction hobs). Once that didn't work I borrowed my sisters one and again that didn't work either. I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue and is there a particular type of wok you need to buy or can I do something to make it work. The first wok was the same brand as the frying pan and while that worked the wok didn't.

All of the wok were suitable for induction hobs so the issue seems to be with the hob?

Thanks.

MM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

See if a magnet sticks to the bottom of the wok. If it doesn't, then the wok won't work on an induction hob.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Schott Ceran is the company that makes the glass for hobs, rather than a model number.

Are you having the same issue on all of the rings?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Schott Ceran is the company that makes the glass for hobs, rather than a model number.

Are you having the same issue on all of the rings?

Unfortunatley yes, I have been told that the issue could be the size of the rings, the wok will work on smaller rings but not larger ones. Our induction hob has 4 large hobs rather than the standard two large and two small.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's odd. My induction hob has 1 small, 2 medium and 1 large ring and I can use even my smallest pan, a milk pan, on the largest ring without a problem. When you say it doesn't work, does the hob give a fault? Mine flashes an F if the pan isn't suitable (or if you remove a pan for too long ).

What is the make and model of your wok?

Assuming it’s a flat bottomed wok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Induction hobs can give issues depending on your ac supply, the hob may need a 10sq supply, more than likely the previous had problems with it, the regular ceramic hob will work perfectly with a 6 sq supply so check with your electrician if you don’t know which cabling is installed

Induction hobs can give issues depending on your ac supply, the hob may need a 10sq supply, more than likely the previous had problems with it, the regular ceramic hob will work perfectly with a 6 sq supply so check with your electrician if you don’t know which cabling is installed

How would this affect woks and not saucepans though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How would this affect woks and not saucepans though?

They are more power dependent with a built in safety factor, it will do he same with a pot the same size if the supply isn't up to the job, same as the latest showers which need 10 sq cabling

Advertisement