Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense American F/F - model RQ689N4|DB1

Options
  • 17-05-2020 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

Hi, noticed yesterday evening that the freezer component of this AFF wasn't at the normal temp of -18 degrees as the ice cream was soft. Other items were still frozen like some lasagne and the ice cubes. I left an room temp monitor in each freezer compatment overnight and they both read about -7 degress. I tried google and ringing the helplines (Currys where I bought it and Hisense) but couldn't find an example on former and all the latter are closed due to pandemic and they want an email instead which I will send after this.

The product is still within warranty so hopefully all is ok re repair or replace but also wondering is everything in the freezer ok at the moment or will I have to dump it all?

Thanks

The temp monitor I used, not 100% accurate but good enough for this job I reckon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lanhiem-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Accurate-Temperature/dp/B07BMQ1PD3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

funnyname wrote: »
    Hi, noticed yesterday evening that the freezer component of this AFF wasn't at the normal temp of -18 degrees as the ice cream was soft. Other items were still frozen like some lasagne and the ice cubes. I left an room temp monitor in each freezer compatment overnight and they both read about -7 degress. I tried google and ringing the helplines (Currys where I bought it and Hisense) but couldn't find an example on former and all the latter are closed due to pandemic and they want an email instead which I will send after this.

The product is still within warranty so hopefully all is ok re repair or replace but also wondering is everything in the freezer ok at the moment or will I have to dump it all?

Thanks

The temp monitor I used, not 100% accurate but good enough for this job I reckon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lanhiem-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Accurate-Temperature/dp/B07BMQ1PD3

Managed to get in touch with the helpline yesterday afternoon, repair booked in but no contact from local repair agent yet.

Advertisement