Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Lives Matter protest in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Professional working in the area of human rights monitoring for a UN funded International organisation in my mid 30's actually.

And "Marcos" is a common family name is south western India, where one half of my family comes from, and the other half of my family is Spanish. Only reason I chose the name.

Lol, oh my god you could not be made up. Progressive living in the UN cosmopolitan bubble comes down to tell peeps how life is :D

'And "Marcos" is a common family name is south western India'

I can literally see you at a dinner party saying this and having no idea nobody cares or thinks it is interesting. Walking parody.

As for me, I do not brag or need validation here so I am what I am quite happily. And your intellect is so-so son. You need some friends to bring you down a few notches because you scan as someone who has nobody to tell him how bratty he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Getting a touch personal here now, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Personal Lives Matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

scopper wrote: »
    Lol, oh my god you could not be made up. Progressive living in the UN cosmopolitan bubble comes down to tell peeps how life is :D

I can literally see you at a dinner party saying this and having no idea nobody cares or thinks it is interesting. Walking parody.

I live in the midlands in a 2 bedroom flat and work primarily in Tamil-Nadu.
    Hardly cosmopolitan in either case really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Hmm hope this is to support black americans and not some kind of guilt trip for white Irish people, institutional racism isn't a thing here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Oh my god there is people sleeping rough in Ireland while people are getting shot in America a 100 years after our nation rose up!

Enda kenny should be shot.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Hmm hope this is to support black americans and not some kind of guilt trip for white Irish people, institutional racism isn't a thing here

Seems to be in solidarity with black Americans. Can't see the problem with that really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The guy volunteered the information about his job etc.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Oh my god there is people sleeping rough in Ireland while people are getting shot in America a 100 years after our nation rose up!

Enda kenny should be shot.

Ah yeah, because showing solidarity with one group means you don't care about others.

That old chestnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

wakka12 wrote: »

Why on earth would an white Irish person feel guilt about BLM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

As for me, I do not brag or need validation here so I am what I am quite happily. And your intellect is so-so son. You need some friends to bring you down a few notches because you scan as someone who has nobody to tell him how bratty he is.

Time of the month? Or just a bit of a w.........

lawlolawl wrote: »
    The guy volunteered the information about his job etc.

Plenty of people volunteer personal information on Boards. Doesn't require us to use that personal information to try and tear them down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Pull up a seat lads and open your copy books. The Irish constitution is unequivocal about citizenship and the Irish nation which absolutely disregards the current border and current UK jurisdiction (subject to change in the Good Friday Agreement) over the north east corner of Ireland.

The one territory view of this island and aspiration of a political UI remains codified in the Irish constitution:

For anyone who still has problems accepting the reality of the Irish nation; the surviving Hooded Men from Co. Derry who were sadistically tortured by the British state's forces in the north are going to the ECHR with the backing of the Irish Government.

This displays perfectly the all-Ireland nature of our nation and indeed the Britain's tacit acceptance of thats.

Yes, yes. You practically have a united Ireland already Tom. (Snigger)

Sure tell the Irish republican morons to stop shooting and blowing people up
    Whilst you are at it. Sure if you have a United Ireland it's hardly worth it. And blowing up Spanish tourists is hardly encouraging good relations with our European friends.

Anyway At least NI will remain in the eu then considering its United and all. ooops... Maybe not.

Just because the Republic of Ireland hand out passports like confetti is not my problem. As I said in another thread I might even consider one myself. For convenience though and certainly not as a matter of citizenship.

Anyway back on topic BLM march in Dublin. Viz was so ahead of the times with student grant. I miss viz.

Student grant, milly tant,..... Those are the sort of people who would attend a Blm March in Dublin.

I hope the Toronto pride guy is ashamed of himself for caving into their nonsense in Toronto. He should have grown a pair and told them to F off out of the parade. I expect better from Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

This is crazy...

5 cops shot dead in Texas by a terrorist group.

Anti racism Ireland decides to hold a rally in Dublin, for support of this organisation.

Ah yeah, because showing solidarity with one group means you don't care about others.

That old chestnut.

Nah just sick of the moral brigade blaming everything on our politicians.

Couldn't pass up an opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

timthumbni wrote: »

Whilst you are at it. Sure if you have a United Ireland it's hardly worth it. And blowing up Spanish tourists is hardly encouraging good relations with our European friends.

Anyway At least NI will remain in the eu then considering its United and all. ooops... Maybe not.

Just because the Republic of Ireland hand out passports like confetti is not my problem. As I said in another thread I might even consider one myself. For convenience though and certainly not as a matter of citizenship.

Anyway back on topic BLM march in Dublin. Viz was so ahead of the times with student grant. I miss viz.

Student grant, milly tant,..... Those are the sort of people who would attend a Blm March in Dublin.

I hope the Toronto pride guy is ashamed of himself for caving into their nonsense in Toronto. He should have grown a pair and told them to F off out of the parade. I expect better from Canada.

I half expected them to come out with appropriation of their culture.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Nah just sick of the moral brigade blaming everything on our politicians.

Couldn't pass up an opportunity.

Where did the Facebook postin the OP say anyone was blaming Irish politicians for the shootings of people of colour by US police officers?

I saw an post advertising a solidarity demonstration, not a protest.

Where did the Facebook postin the OP say anyone was blaming Irish politicians for the shootings of people of colour by US police officers?

That's exactly what's happening in the stats, I am aware the type over here will follow suit to show how much the support the cause. That's if it's not taken over by AAA or any number of gombeems.

As I said I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a bit of satire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Exactly it epitomises the SJW element and their sinister shouting down of dissenting opinion. Like that guy in the Irish university shouting sh*it at a Israelis speaker sensing no irony about saying hes been on the campus for 10 year. They just turn up and cause trouble.

Think fair to say we can all unite in calling that lad a complete knob :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

timthumbni wrote: »

I'm not sure why you quoted my post because you haven't refuted or countered one bit of it - the facts stick in your craw no doubt.

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

This is crazy...

Anti racism Ireland decides to hold a rally in Dublin, for support of this organisation.

What??

This is crazy...

Solidarity with Black Lives Matter =/= Condoning Police being killed

Solidarity with Blue Lives Matter =/= Condoning POC being killed unjustifiably by law enforcement

Keep up, it's not hard people

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Are they killing smurfs up in here now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

You ascribed a ridiculous generalisation about who he was. YOU brought it up. He replied... You got owned... Now you accuse him of bragging. Your tears are real salty, pal.

Bratty butthurt ftw.

You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

one of them protests on my birthday and everything, thanks lads :rolleyes: , better not stop people from heading into my party so!

Seriously , "black lives matter???!" Doesnt every life supposadly matter? so the next time a few whites get gunned down somewhere i shall have to organise a "White lives matter" , only fair like!

Are they killing smurfs up in here now?

Yes have you not heard

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    one of them protests on my birthday and everything, thanks lads :rolleyes: , better not stop people from heading into my party so!

Seriously , "black lives matter???!" Doesnt every life supposadly matter? so the next time a few whites get gunned down somewhere i shall have to organise a "White lives matter" , only fair like!

The crazy glee on their faces is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rjpf1980

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I think he's alluding to the Northern Ireland conflict and the treatment of Nationalists by the RUC and British Army (Bloody Sunday)

There were no black people shot on Bloody Sunday.

• Advertisement

Awh :(
    Of course every life matters - no one's saying otherwise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement