Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please media, stop over using "in terms of"

• 12-04-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Every radio station has presenters using this term a lot, sometimes it's used three times in one sentence.
    Even at the Covid-19 press conference it can be heard used multiples times in a row like this.
    It's spreading like the virus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Bit like Claire Byrne with -"Your very welcome".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Have you noticed the real annoying one they all use these days every time they are interviewed.

So, I think this

So , there are 25 cases,

So, When I last did this it was that

Jesus so annoying:)

Not to mention the Sports boys

Look at ..we'll go again next week!

Look at Marty, we'll give it our best shot next Sunday!

Sure wouldn't it be a bad look out if nothing annoyed us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SBPhoto

Id say the lockdown is really getting to you if that's all thats bothering you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

SBPhoto wrote: »
    Id say the lockdown is really getting to you if that's all thats bothering you

It's getting to us all believe me. I entered the wrong card no. code into my autobank 3 X this week and had my card blocked! I never did this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭1 sheep2

Drives me bonkers too but it's not just used by the media. I sense it's a common middle class linguistic tic in Ireland, used because it sounds sophisticated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

Anyone fancy a bit of 'in relation to'?

g

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I am sick to death of the appalling audio quality on both radio and TV, particularly mobile phones.

Turning up the volume does not help.

Advertisement