Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant turn off email notification.

Options
  • 07-02-2020 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I keep getting email notifications from threads I am subscribed to and cant turn them off. I have "no email notifications" in my control panel.

I would appreciate some help ,

Thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Drumpot,

The setting in your Control Panel will apply from here on out, but unfortunately doesn't apply retroactively. You will need to update your Subscriptions here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Use the checkbox to the right to select threads that you are currently getting updates from and then select "No email notification" from the dropdown at the end of the page. Then click Go to save this preference. This has to be done on a page-by-page basis rather than selecting all threads throughout the various pages and then using the dropdown menu.

If you run into any issues, please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thanks Mark, I have followed those instructions, hopefully thats me sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Sorry guys but I am still having this problem. Its sending email notifications for some of the threads.

Goto "list Subscriptions". Tick "notification" (all) and go down to bottom of page and choose "No email notification", click "go" . .

Does that actually choose ALL threads (I appear to be subscibed to over 1100 threads!) I am subscribed to or just the threads on that page ? (Page 1 of subscribed threads), cause it seems to be only older threads that pop up (newer ones seem to be fine).

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Drumpot,

Unfortunately it's only applied to threads on that page. And it's not possible to tick all, move to page 2 and tick all, and so on and then click Go. It has to be done on a page-by-page basis (though at least threads that appear a few pages back should be less likely to pop up again). Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I hadn't been getting notifications to email and in the last few days they are blocking up my inbox, I can't see a way to turn them off without unsubscribing - is this a glitch? TIA

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Pretzill,

It seems you have your preference set to Instant email notifications for threads that you post in or decide to follow. To change this preference, please go here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions . Under Default Thread Subscription Mode, select No email notification (or Do Not Follow if you don't want threads you post in to appear under the My Threads tab).

However, this does not apply to threads that you currently follow. To change your preferences with regard to threads that you have posted in or follow you will need to follow the steps outlined above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Thanks Drumpot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement