Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering farm machinery: Comments wanted

Options
  • 19-01-2008 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is there a requirement to cover expensive farm machinery when it is not going to be used for months, e.g. combine harvesters.

I'm trying to find out if there is a market for covering expensive farm machinery and equipment. If you can give me some feed back I would really appreciate it.

What types of equipment do you think should be covered?

What would you pay to have it covered?

What areas of the country is this equipment used?

What time of the year would the equipment be covered?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

It not a combine, but i got a tarpolin for my fathers nuffield and it was £100 from the UK. I guess this would give you an indication of what the prices would be for a combine?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

very little farm machinery is covered except vintage thats not used too often.The demand for covers would be small in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

My opinioun on covering machines is, if it requires covering give it a shed.
    I store all of my seasonal machines in a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

all machinery should be stored indoors, but most farmers either dont have suitable sheds, have other stuff in the sheds, or just dont care.

plastic covers over machinery can often be counterproductive as the ground underneath can sweat forming condensation on the covers which then drips back down onto the machine beneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 An Rón

Thanks for the comments JohnBoy.
    I fit adhesive vents to the shrink film to ensure good ventilation which prevents condensation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement