Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainwater

• 19-12-2007 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I recall reading an article in one of the farm papers a few months back about how farmers willl have to rainwater to streams/rivers etc. without it being soiled.

Does anyone know how they expect this to happen???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭fits

You'll have to divert unsoiled rainwater away from the farm yard and all soiled water will have to go into your slurry tank.

I dont think that answers your question though. can you elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

its only roof and rainwater off clean yards to stream or soak pit so not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Op, I printed this off for a neighbour during the summer. May help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

its only roof and rainwater off clean yards to stream or soak pit so not too bad

And what if there is no stream in a convenient place. On our farm, the nearest drain is over the other side of the main sheds. So I dont see how it would be possible to divert the rainwater from these gutters all the way over there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭emaherx

Tableman wrote: »
    And what if there is no stream in a convenient place. On our farm, the nearest drain is over the other side of the main sheds. So I dont see how it would be possible to divert the rainwater from these gutters all the way over there

Where dose your water go then?
    Once its clean water it can be diverted into any ditch, stream or soakpit

• Advertisement
Advertisement