Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outgoing International Post delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

Sent a gift via 2 day express international to a friend in uk. Dropped Saturday, sorted Monday. Nothing since. Am kind of concerned. Did Label online with declaration. Should I be concerned? Is it gone missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Sold an Apple keyboard on eBay to a buyer in Greece - anyone know what could be happening here? 10 days of no updates then it's supposedly left Dublin again? The buyer hasn't contacted me yet thankfuly.

27 November 2021 04:45

Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

17 November 2021 04:44

Your post has left An Post DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

16 November 2021 00:20

Your delivery has been sorted PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

15 November 2021 17:38

Your delivery has been sorted MACROOM, CO CORK

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

I posted an international envelope / letter yesterday morning. I asked for express shipping with tracking. However, it's been more than 24 hours now and the status is still "Your post was accepted in (insert post office details)".

I was told it would take two days to arrive with express shipping, but a full day later, the letter is still at the same stage it was at yesterday when I first posted it.

Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

1-3 days for Europe express and 5 for rest of world.

It's possible it won't show up on tracking until scanned on otherside by whoever delivers there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The status was updated to "left An Post" on 07/04. No further update since.

They sell the express shipping as a two day service, but it took more than two days for the letter to leave An Post (unless there's a gap between the process and the system updates).

The status still has not moved from the last status "left An Post" on 07/04. Is it normal for it to take this long? I tried using the tracking number on the recipient's local post website and it's not recognizing it.

Did the item eventually reach the buyer?

I'm having the same issue.

I sent an international envelope on 05/04 and the last update is 07/04 "Your post has left An Post - DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE". No further update since. I wonder if it's normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Where is it going? I find An Post's stated international timeframes to be underestimates in most cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

It did, took about 33 days altogether and the buyer never complained or anything so that was a huge relief.

There's a bit of a silence for a good while when things leave An Post then they eventually just update with "Out for Delivery" I find.

• Administrators Posts: 353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭System

This discussion was created from comments split from: Inbound and internal An Post Delays.

I ended up tracking it via the destination country's postal service website. It's already in the country and ready for delivery.

I'm not relying on An Post updates no more because I can't say they're timely.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Hi all, posted a return to Northern Ireland over a week ago now and still hasn't been delivered, tracking says it left An Post Dublin Mail Centre on August 19th and nothing since. Is this normal and what are my rights (if any) if its not delivered? Goods worth approx €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

How long does it take? Has anyone else had problems with sending stuff to Aussie land in recent time?

I sent something in January that "left an post" but never arrived anywhere. Sent something about a week ago and the same thing is happening and I'm starting to worry it will also never arrive. I hope writing "Australia" on the envelope is not a cue for them to horse it into the nearest skip 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭chancer12

Does anyone know how long it takes for an outgoing parcel to be listed on track and trace? Posted a parcel in my local post office on Tuesday for Australia. Checked yesterday and today and no information available. I would have presumed that the tracking started as soon as you handed it over to An Post. A bit anxious that the parcel gets there (hopefully on time).

It should appear within 2 hours max assuming they scanned it when they received it (if you have a receipt with the tracking number they must have scanned it).

I sent a parcel on Wednesday and the status hasn't changed from "Your post was accepted". It's only a return so I'm not too bothered but it's still annoying how slow it seems to be.

It appeared the following day to say that it had been picked up and left the Dublin mail centre the following day. However, that's the extent of track and trace offered by An Post. the site refers you to their partner internationally and it has no record of the parcel. Am beyond frustrated at this point!

Anyone got experience of T & T? I posted a parcel to Australia on 29 November, it left the Dublin Mail Centre on 30th November and that's all the information I can get from the An Post Track & Trace System. Seemingly international deliveries have to be tracked through the international partner and the Australian partner has no record of it. Just get an auto response to query if the number is correct with a recommendation to check back in 24hours. An Post have no customer support in the form of a phone number or email, just a ridiculous bot who confirms it's left Dublin. What a dreadful service. So disappointed I didn't spend an extra 20 Euro to use a courier. Anyone got recent experience of international delivery?

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,005 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They only track and trace within Ireland. Any carrier abroad will usually allocate another tracking number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Australian post is notoriously bad, to and from. The issues usually seem to be on the Australian side.

29 November really isn't that long ago. There won't be any more tracking updates until it arrives in Australia. I've only sent something to Australia once and it took at least 3 weeks as far as I remember.

At least your parcel left Ireland the next day. I returned something to Germany which took 7 days just to leave Ireland.

Even a courier's economy option would be far quicker.

They normally use the same tracking number as long as it's in the format AA000000000BB.

Regular postal service tracking usually only shows the status in the origin and destination countries. If you want detailed tracking each step of the way you need to use DHL, UPS or FedEx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Australia post are dreadful.

It won't show until they scan it and that can take 10day at present as they also xray every single item that comes in. They have also stopped taking mail that came by boat, so this has led to a huge increase in air mail.

I finally got through to someone in An Post last Friday and he was able to see that it had arrived in Sydney which is a positive. However, the tracking system using the format above has no record of it. I didn't realise the tracking was so limited so will choose another option in future. Thanks for getting back to me. Happy Christmas all

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

I've sent a 2kg package to Dubai on the 5th December but it hasn't arrived at the destination yet. Using the An Post tracking system it says it has left the Dublin mailing centre on 9th December.

Freight may have been grounded during the bad weather but I'd like to find out for definite as my partner is going nuts thinking she'll not get her Christmas prezzie in time.

Who does An Post use for delivering to Dubai? I'll ring them to find out once and for all.

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Emirates post

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭fran38

My (expensive) package hasn't arrived at my girlfriends place in Dubai yet despite An Post saying it's no longer in Ireland and Emirates Post saying it hasn't arrived in Dubai yet. Do I assume it's been stolen, lost or ditched somewhere along the way. And yes I've communicated with both services comprehensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Its almost certainly sitting in a holding centre waiting to be processed and they can be rather slow over there if local reports are anything to go by.

But until it scans at the next step, it is literally impossibly to know where it is.

Its not overly delayed either.

Advertisement