Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭crayon80

Post edited by crayon80 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Those Happy Bears are now e1.29!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭uli84

Of course, and next month they will be 1.59 🙈 crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Secret Seven

Just be careful with the beans. Got them today and ended up paying for them. I think the coupon is for the reduced sugar ones. They're the same price but different colour packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yep, it's a different shelf number. Prefer the reduced sugar ones anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Minimarkcork

…….

Post edited by Minimarkcork on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Tuna or lemons... gone are the days of Parkrun freebies worth 3/4 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Perhaps we should take the initiative and stop sharing the Parkrun codes? Maybe the goodies will get better again and better stocked... Did anybody successfully get the porridge this/last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

I think the scales tipped when the codes started to be shared on the Facebook group.

Fwiw I get the parkrun emails anyway, and have done (walked) a few of the parkruns so I don't feel a bit guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Escapees

Just a comment on this... As per the weekly emails sent out, the Parkrun rewards are intended only for regular park runners, to reward them for their efforts, not just folk who have registered and never participated etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Escapees

Note that it didn't start out this way, with rewards initially bring intended for anyone who simply registered so as to encourage participation at the events. But talk on here about the Facebook publishing of Parkrun codes now is a bit like the kettle calling the pot black...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got the porridge red

I mean it's fair and legal as the codes are for free treats but if we want to keep them we should probably stop publishing them, just my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yeah the park run codes are meant for people who are involved in the park runs. We should stop publishing them.

But also could everyone here who is on Facebook suggest the same to the Facebook group who publish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭amber2

Next weeks treats

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Their own tuna is on a good offer this week just got some and they’d loads of the park run tuna too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Gel Air Freshner or Milk Nut Chocolate on first scratch card

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Parkrun035

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Great offers this week, tuna on the parkrun, 50% off on blueberries, and a good offer on toilet roll.

• Advertisement

Great idea on the facebook point

Are we all agreed so? Or does anybody have a counter-argument in favour of continuing to publish the parkrun codes?

Can a moderator make it happen possibly if we have consensus?

I think there’s no point not posting it, lidl will stop it when they want to. I get the emails so I’ll still get the code, I don’t see the point in stopping others benefiting while it’s going tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

The amount of people benefitting from the code from Boards.ie traffic is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of people that benefit from the code being shared on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I get the code via a mail from Lidl.

It doesn't bother me if it's not shared here, but by not sharing it here is like taking a cup of water out of the ocean.

As previously said, a 100 people here is nothing compared to the 1,000's of views the codes will get on FB, insta, TikTok etc.

Keep the posting the codes

Can I ask a question or make a comment I’m kind of new to this but The people That are asking us to stop putting up or to people in general the parkrun codes have you used them over the last few months have you used the money off vouchers in the past as some of the money off codes were limited but everyone shared it to help everyone out

yes there for the people that do the Parkrun like myself but maybe there is people on here that actually need the code to get something to feed there families. It’s all about saving money these days as everyone is aware.

yes I put the code up along with one for sports direct for 20% off to help people out that’s why I do it to help other people not about likes or anything like that. I try to help people where ever I can.

just needed to put it out there. Just think of other people that are worse off than some of us.

Ya they were unreal.

it would be really **** here without the keyboard warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Personally I wouldnt agree, if posters here gatekeep these codes then the Bargain Alerts community is worse off for it. Whats the point of a Bargain Alerts forum if we are not going to help each other out.

I wouldnt overestimate the reach of Boards anyway, this site has tiny traffic in comparison to a Facebook group with 200,000 members. The Parkrun codes were shared here from day 1 for a long tme and they only became a problem recently when they started getting shared on that Facebook group a few months back and now it has extended to TikTok and Instagram. Thats where the source of the problem is, not here becasue we are only a tiny fraction of their numbers.

Not sharing the codes would achieve the sum total of nothing and leave the Bargain Alerts community worse off over some misperceived perception that doing so will make Lidl improve the offers. They will not and if the offer does get pulled it wont be becasue of this forum, it will be becasue of the hundreds of thousands of users on Facebook, Tiktok and Instagram.

Advertisement