Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The difficult second album

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Tuesday 26th November

So slept through the planned early morning swim. Evening session was a run, 3km warm up then into 12 X 60's with 60's recovery between each, with a 3km cool down. Wasn't sure how to pace them but tried to hold it at what I thought I could get all through at. One or two small blips on the times with people stepping in front of me but otherwise the pace was kept at around 3.30 min kilometres. Don't think I have ever ran this fast and was pleased to get through all of them keeping it around this time. Hamstrings were very tight afterwards so a bit of stretching and foam rolling.

Wednesday 27th November

Had to get a bit of a swim session in today, mainly a 400m TT just to see where I was. Turbo was first though, 1hr 15 mins, mainly focusing on endurance but with 6 short sprints thrown in and 2X5mins at just above FTP. Legs were feeling it by the end but with plenty of recovery it wasn't the worst session in the world.

Bit of lunch and then to the pool, got there and found out there was a water aerobics class on so had to wait while they pulled their floating partners around the pool by the ankles. Finally got in but didn't have much time before I was due into work. Bit of a warm up then into the 400m TT. Wasn't feeling great in the pool and have missed a few sessions over the last 2 weeks so wasn't hoping for anything great. Felt I paced it well and managed to hold the pace for the 400m. Only problem was my pool is 17m so meant I done 24 lengths and covered around 408m. I'm not the fastest off the wall so hopefully the extra turns cancel out the extra 8m's. Time came in at 6.04. My fastest ever 400m (last season when I was in my best shape was around 6.20). Was wrecked at the end but was very happy, know there is a few easy seconds to take off with a few more sessions in the pool, stroke got sloppy at parts, and didn't feel 100% in the water.

Thursday 28th November

Run in and out of work. Altogether around 17km covered, hamstring and achilles still tight even though I've done a good bit of foam rolling and stretching, can feel a bit of a cough coming on too. The joys of working with kids who decided the best place they should be when they are sick is in with us.

Evening session was to be a pool session but because of a christmas party for gym members the pool was closed by the time I got home from work. Was feeling pretty crappy anyway so overall wasn't too put out.

Friday 29th November

So still not fully recovered from the weekend in London, and reckon I can feel the start of a throat/chest infection coming on. Evening swim session with interested. First time in a few weeks that the clock has been there and working, wasn't sure if I was happy or scared about that. Warm up then into main set of 5 X (4 X 100m, with each 100m getting faster, all based on our 100m PB's) all off 2.00. These got tough very quick, managed to get faster each time but I wouldn't say all my flat out 100m's were the same pace, recoveries were getting harder and harder. Ended up setting a new PB for 100m (1.24). Was wrecked after the session, really felt it when I got home.

Saturday 30th November

Had to be an early morning turbo instead of a club bike spin, had to go into work instead. 2 hours on the turbo, mainly easy spinning and was glad that's all it was. Still not back to 100%. After work was out to club AGM, some good idea's for the club and looks positive going forward. After this was few drinks, that turned int getting home at half three. Great night out though.

Sunday 1st December

Woke up feeling the effects of the night before so some changes had to be made to the planned sessions. Didn't want to miss them so done a 10km run and a bit of a swim, not much but around 1.2km done. Enough for the day, starting to feel a bit better, hopefully should be able to get back into properly from tomorrow. Seeing what training other people are doing at the AGM has made me realise I need to keep up with my training and stop missing so many sessions.

Monday 2nd December

So haven't been feeling great for around a week now, aches and pains are gone but I'm coughing up some interesting colours so reckon it could be a chest infection. Usually when it gets to this stage I'm over the worst of it so fingers crossed. Today was a turbo session before work, 1 hour and 45 mins. Mainly focusing on endurance but with 7 X 10 second sprints and 5 X 3 mins above FTP. Alot harder than it should have been, just couldn't get enough air in and the recoveries weren't long enough. Legs were grand but struggled with my breathing. Hoping that I will be better by the end of the week.

So no training since Tuesday and doesn't look like I'll be doing any until Monday at the earliest, another chest infection has seen to that. Don't know what to be doing with my time in the evenings, just end up spending money! Chest infection has been a good excuse to stay off the drink at work christmas do tonight and a 30th birthday party tomorrow night. Have a bit of time off over christmas so hopefully I'll be able to put in a good week or two and catch back up to where I was.

• Advertisement

So Monday came and was finally able to get back training, think I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms or something so was glad to be able to do something again.
    Still not 100% but should be back to normal by mid week.

Monday 9th December

Another turbo before work. 1 hour 45 mins, mostly spent focusing on endurance. Few 10 second all out sprints too but that was it. Found this a lot tougher than the last time I done it, legs were heavy and heart rate pretty high for the effort, heart rate didn't seem to recover either after the hard efforts so cut out a few 3 min efforts at FTP until I'm feeling better. Glad I got through it though and happy to just be back.

Managed to get out of work early so moved my Tuesday swim to Monday and headed for a group swim session in the aquatic centre. Good turnout and one or two faster for me to chase. No fins meant I had to chase when we were doing some kicking with fins drills, but wasn't too bad. Ended with 6 X 25m sprints and was able to keep up with another fella who would have been a lot faster than me the last time I swam with him. Good session altogether but I could tell it's been a week since I've been in the water, bit messy and was struggling for breaths a few times but hopefully as I get better this will sort itself out.

Tuesday 10th December

Handy enough day, usually a double day but moved the swim to Monday so meant I only had a run tonight. Knew from the start of the run that it was going to be tough, easy pace was about 12-15 seconds out on what it usually is. Session was to be a warm up, then into 15 X 40 seconds fast, 20 seconds recovery and then a cool down. Plan had been to run the 40 second fast at around 3.40 min pace but knew that wasn't going to happen from the start. Pace came in at around 3.55 for them so not too bad considering the time I was out on my easy run too. The recoveries is where I suffered, just couldn't recover quick enough at all, from the 2nd or 3rd one I was feeling it. Got through them all though and done a cool down. Altogether around 11.5km run, hopefully can get over this chest infection soon, hard to see the times coming in where they are after a months good training.

Wednesday 11th December

Turbo session today, had to be done in the evening after work because of a change in work times. 1 hour and 15 mins, with pretty much it all spent focusing on endurance and tempo. First time I started to feel back to normal and legs were feeling good, breathing was a bit better and just felt better on the bike.

Thursday 12th December

Had to do both of today's sessions before work which wasn't ideal but had to be done. Swim session first, bit of a warm up then into main set of 20 X 100m with 30 second recovery. Wasn't sure how to pace these and was feeling messy in the water. First 10 came in around 1.40, next 4 around 1.40/1.39 last 6 around 1.38. Again struggled with the recoveries. Bit messy in the water but towards the end was starting to feel better. Not a bad session but shows how quick I can lose some of my swim fitness when I'm not in the pool.

Long run after this. 13.5km, surprised to see the times back down around where they normally would be. Times were even a bit lower than normal but probably done the first 11km a bit too fast and felt tired for the last two. These will be building over the next few weeks should help with my stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

That's some solid effort before going to work in the morning. I was patting myself on the back for running 8k this morning.

Ah when I say before work I'm not in until 1.00, so wasn't too early. Early for me but not for most people!

• Advertisement

Friday 13th December

Only one session today, swim session in Belvedere. Last session of the ten week block, really enjoyed the block and will be signing up again in the new year. Session was a tough one, lots of faster than normal stuff. 4 X 50m with first 12.5m fast and then 4 X 50m with last 12.5m fast. Was faster off the wall than towards the end and these were tough. Lot more fast stuff then a flat out 100m, pb for this was 1.24/25 from a few weeks back in this session. Felt I paced this one well and don't think I have ever suffered as much in the pool as towards the end of this. Hit the wall at around 1.20 so a nice new pb for 100m. After this was 6 X 200m off 3.40 coming in around 3.20 each time (pb for 200m is 3.04). Again these were tough and was feeling it towards the end.

Saturday 14th December

Turbo session today, too bad to head out on the bike. 2 hours, mostly focused on endurance but with approx 10 all out sprints and 5 X 4 mins at above FTP. Tough session but enjoyable, feeling much better and finally feel like I'm getting back to normal.

Sunday 15th December

Morning session was a run session with the triathlon club. These sessions have been going on a while and I had been hearing good stuff about them so I decided I may as well give them a go. Session was following a route they have have marked out but worked out about 3.5km warm up, then 1 lap of the loop so I would know where I was going, lap was a around 1.2km. There was 6 laps with first 400m fast, middle 400m steady and last 400m fast again then with a short break between laps. Kept the pace for the first 400m at below 3.35 min kilometres, steady was around 4.55 min kilometres and 3rd 400m was kept around 3.45 min kilometres. Last 400m was into a headwind so sort of explains why it was slower then the first 400m. These were tough, most of my running is on fairly flat ground with a few gradual hills. This was more cross country and was feeling it by the end, bit of competition between the lads in the club so pushed myself more than I probably would have by myself. Bit of a cool down after for a total of around 12.5km ran.

Evening session was a swim. Bit of a warm up then 8 X 50m fast. Then into main set of 8 X 100m descending times, started a bit fast and some of them were close in time but managed to lower them all and finish on 1.30. Bit of a rest then was 6 X 100m coming in as close to 1.30 as I could. Managed to keep it close enough, some a bit below and one or two a bit over (1.31.5). Short rest then 4 X 100m on same time, again in or around the same time. Then short rest and 2 X 100m on same time. Last of these drifted out a bit to 1.32.8 but was really feeling it. Cool down was 300m kick with board and then 100m steady for a grand total of just over 3km.

Good training weekend and finally starting to feel back to normal after my chest infection, just in time too, I have a good bit of time off over the christmas and am hoping to get a good bit of training done during this time.

I've been thinking about my races for next year and after a few discussions have pretty much planned the main races for my season. There will more than likely be a few more races added in (mainly duathlons and aquathons) and will be looking at doing some bike racing throughout the year too,

Calender is looking like this;

19th Jan - Naas Duathlon
    18th May - 3d Triathlon Sprint
    31st May - Triathy Olympic
    5 July - Athlone Sprint
    12 July - 2 provinces Sprint
    9 Aug - Caroline Kearney Sprint (Club championship race)
    24 August - Dublin City Olympic (A race)

Also looking at Joey Hannon Olympic in April and Lough Rea Sprint in August. Nice spread out Calender there with plenty of rest between most of my races. Most of June and July will probably be focused on bike racing as well as some early season races. Might add in a race after Dublin, will see how the body is feeling.

Aims for the season are still being sorted out but look like a sub 1.06 sprint triathlon and as close to a 2.12 Olympic as I can get. Last season I was top 20% in every N.S race I entered and I would hope to be aiming for top 15% this year with a top 20 place being a high aim (highest last year was 32nd). Last year I was trying to go sub 20 min on a sprint run and the closest I came was 20.12 in Lough rea, this would be one goal I really want to hit this year, my run is what stood out compared to the two others this year.

Individual sport aims are a sub 6min 400m TT in swimming (pb at moment is 6.04), a sub 19 min 5km run (pb at moment is 19.14) and a sub 30 min 20km TT on bike (pb at moment is 31.14). Some of these might look a bit soft but will see how training is going and if I hit them early enough will look at re-assessing them and aiming higher.

Training has been going well and I'll be heading off to Sardinia again in early April for a week long training camp, seen great improvements after the camp this year (highlight being a 1.03 40km cycle in Joey Hannon) and would be hoping for some good gains from it this year too.

Looking back at this year once the race season started my training became more about maintaining than progressing, a race every second weekend seen to this. Hopefully with the races better spread this year I'll be able to build through the season. Towards the end of the season I was using the races as my training and training had been pulled right back, I'm determined not to have this happen this year and will be looking to continue quality training up until the start of September.

Monday 16th December

In work late so hour and a half turbo. Mostly focusing on endurance but with part at tempo and the last 20 min interval building from 80% to 95% of FTP. Legs took a while to wake up but session overall wasn't too bad. Long intervals with around 3 min breaks inbetween but heart rate was down where it should be and legs weren't feeling too bad.

Tuesday 17th December

Another late night in work so swim and run done before. Swim session was some kick and pull work to start, some drills then 5 X 300m with 30 seconds recovery between. Again took a while to get going but once I did was first time in a while I have felt good in the pool. Sets like this make me think I took it too handy in my open water swims last year, wasn't confident enough that I could swim the whole distance at a decent pace.

Bit of a break after this and then a run session, 3.5km warm up then main set of 20 X 40 seconds fast with 20 seconds recovery inbetween. 40 seconds were coming in around 3.55 pace and kept in around that for all of them so happy with that, recoveries weren't as bad as they have been. After this was a cool down of around 3.5km cool down for a total of around 11km. Legs were feeling it after the intervals but recovered quick enough and pace was comfortable enough for the recovery.

Wednesday 18th December

Turbo session after work and club committee meeting. Got on it late but was glad it was only an hour session. Tough enough session with most of it spent between 80%-90% of FTP. Was surprised at how I felt through it, started tough enough but was comfortable at 90% of FTP which is a plus. Few sections over FTP and few sprints too. Good session on the bike and was feeling good getting off it.

Thursday 19th December

Again needed to fit in two sessions before work. Swim session and a run, to save on time I was just going to do the run on the treadmill. Swim session had to be cut short because a class of aqua aerobics was getting in. Only got warm up done and 7 X 100 out of a planned 20 X 100. Less rest interval this week (25 seconds) and was pleased to see the times coming in around 1.36/37, compared with around 1.39 last week off a longer rest.

Straight up to the treadmill after, 15.3km at around 5 min kilometre pace. Took a while to get into a rhythm but once I did I felt grand, feeling more confident about my run this year than I did last year and will be hoping to see some good improvements.

Friday 20th December

Had a wedding to go to today so took it as a rest day. Hopefully going to have a busy christmas training wise so didn't feel too guilty taking the whole day off.
    The gf is going back to her parents for over a week over the Christmas and with me finishing work on Thursday until 6th January I'm hoping to get in a week or so of quality training.

Saturday 21st December

So after a late night but no drink I wasn't looking too forward to the turbo. Hour and fourty five mins, working on building endurance and with around 55 mins focusing on sweet spot work too. Tough session but settled into it after a while and finished well.

Sunday 22nd December

Plan was for a club run in the morning but when I woke up and seen the weather I went back to bed. Went for run in the afternoon instead, plan was for warm up then 7 X 1.1km intervals and cool down. Had just finished the warm up when the heavens opened, rain,sleet, hailstones and snow. Hid under a bus shelter for a while and then decided best to head home. Altogether only around 4.7km ran, nothing too hard.

Swim session was to next. Bit of a warm up then into main set of 1020m TT, wasn't sure how to pace this but think I done ok, came in around 16.30 and was pretty pleased with this. After this was 260m easy then a 400m TT, faded badly in the 3rd hundred of this and came in on 6.08 which I was happy enough with (pb is 6.04) so not too far off it and after a tough 1000m. Few fast lengths and bit of a cool down next. Felt good leaving the pool, good session.

Evening then was an hour on the turbo to make up for the missed run. Hour spent trying to stick between 70-75% of FTP. Legs felt really good for this and got off feeling good.

Going to try do the missed run session tomorrow along with a long turbo.

So training has been going well since the weekend. Everyday has been a double day (lot of time spent on the turbo!) apart from Christmas day, that was just an 11km run. Even managed to get into the pool for a swim. This weekend should be good and should be able to train every day between now and going back to work. Even managed to keep the weight off over christmas, even dropping a bit, down to 60.5kg now and reckon I can drop another one or two before the race season starts without seeing any drop in performance.

Saturday 28th December

Woke up and weather wasn't too bad so time for first brick session of the year. Decided to do it differently than I done it last year. Drove down to Phoenix park parked up the car and this would be where I would leave the bike during the run parts. Session was to be 3 X 20km on the bike with 3 X 3km runs inbetween. Bike felt good, got used to the position again quick enough and was comfortable on the bike. Pace was decent but hard to judge with the wind. Run felt good, bit of jelly legs but nothing major, pace was kept around 4.10 min kilometres (race pace from last year). Felt good during the run, first km was good, 2nd km a bit tougher and then a strong last km. Good session done. Heading down to the gf's parents tomorrow but hope to get a bit one before I head down and should be back on Monday afternoon so should fit something in on Monday evening.

Tuesday 31st December

So still down the inlaws, what was meant to be a one night stay has turned into a 3 night stay and will mean no training has been done. Definitely heading back tomorrow and will hope to kick off the SBR challenge thread tomorrow.

Have enjoyed logging this year and will keep it up for next year. It's great to see some really top class athletes logging in here and gives you an idea of the training and dedication that people put into the sport. With a bit of luck and staying sickness free hopefully I can keep the training up for the next year.

Wednesday 1st Jan

So finally got home after being stuck out in the countryside for too long. Afternoon was an easy 10km run, nothing fast just to get the legs moving again. Felt good, pace was never hard though, just good to be back out.

Evening session was an hour and a half on the turbo. Mostly focusing on endurance but with 4 X 4 min at between 90-100% of FTP. Legs felt really good here, better than they have in a while. Felt very strong for the FTP efforts and in the last one built to around 110% of FTP. Trainer road seems to have lost this workout though, a pity because never got to look at how it went after.

Thursday 2nd Jan

Long run today. Around 13km done, again nothing fast but legs felt good and was no problems at all.

Evening session was a swim. First time in the pool in what seems like ages and felt like it too. Bit of a warm up then into main set of 10 X 100m with 30 second RI, then 5 X 100 with pull, then repeated. A long session in the pool and my arms were feeling it towards the end. Breathing was ok, was more muscle tiredness. Altogether 3.74km swam. And woke up today to water stuck in my ear! Bit of fuzzy hearing going on, might look into ear plugs.

Have started logging on the SBR thread too this year, to try and keep an eye on the distance I do and see how it compares to others on here. Not the most computer literate person so hopefully I don't break the table.

Friday 3rd Jan

Bit of a recovery day today, 7km run at an easy pace and then straight down to the pool. Planned session had a total of 40 X 100m but arms where still tired after the 30 X 100m yesterday so changed up the session. Few 400m's, pull buoy and kicking drills. Altogether 2.3km done and was feeling good in the water. Only problem is still feels like I have water stuck in my ear, makes everything a bit fuzzy, hopefully won't last much longer.

• Advertisement

Sat 4th Jan

First club cycle in a long while. One of the lads from the Tri club who is in a different cycling club came along for the spin too. Plan was to go with him (ex Irish TT rider). Groups were a bit all over the place and the group started out pretty slow. Average pace was right down and few seemed more interested in having a chat, when ever the other lad got to the front there was a push in pace which pleased some of the group but wasn't long before we heard people shouting steady. After about 65km of this (pace did go up after around 40km but was surging rather than steady), we pushed on ourselves. Gave me a bit of advice, saying to work on power going up short hills so to go up a gear or two and push up them staying in the saddle. Very new to me and made me suffer. After about 22km together we split to go home, added on a bit to the cycle to cover 103.5km and legs weren't too bad at the end. Will try to do some big gear work when I'm out on the bike over the next while. Club are having a meeting on Wednesday evening about racing so hopefully from that a new racing group might be started from people only getting into racing.

Sunday 5th Jan

Skipped run session with the club in the phoenix park, woke up and weather was bad so rolled over and back to sleep. Instead it was to the gym to use the treadmill. 3km warm up then into 6 X 1.1km ran at 4 min kilometre pace with 90 second recovery in between and around 3km to cool down. Just over 14km ran and felt good, legs bit tired from the cycle on Saturday but got it into my head I wasn't dropping the pace and managed to keep it there.

After this was another swim session. This was my 3rd time in the pool in the last 4 days and to be honest I wasn't feeling the love for it. Cut the session short, bit of a warm up, some fast 50's then 7 X 100m, some kicking and a cool down. Around 1.7km done. Will be looking at maybe swapping every 2nd Sunday swim for an extra bike session, at the moment I'm swimming nearly 4 times a week and I would fancy doing a bit more on the bike too. I'll think it over the next few days and see how I get on. I reckon 3 quality sessions in the pool would be better than 2 quality ones and 2 I'm not feeling.

Monday 6th Jan

Didn't think today would be too bad, Monday is nearly always a turbo day, but today was to be a 20 min FTP test. Wasn't sure how this would go, FTP had been creeping up and I had adjusted trainer road once or twice because of this. Started well and was able to hold a good power average for the 5 mins, around 10% above what my FTP came in at (probably even a bit higher). Twenty mins was tough, struggled to get comfortable on the bike and was suffering very early on but kept it where I wanted to and lasted until the end. Probably my best paced one yet, no real sprint finish in me, able to up the watts a bit the last 30 seconds but no huge jump. After the test was a 30 min easy spin, legs felt good and kept this nice and easy. Altogether 1hr 30 mins on the turbo and a decent enough increase in FTP. Up around 5% from last time I raised it and weight is down around 1.5kg too so not bad all round.

Tuesday 7th Jan

Morning session was a swim session. New years resolution is to try get up early, early for me is usually around 9.00, going to start getting up at 7 with the gf and hopefully get in another training session one or two days a week. Anyway, up at seven and straight to the pool, bit of a warm up then main set of 8 X 260m. Tough enough and was trying to concentrate on rolling on my hips and pulling right thru, felt good when I got it right but didn't happen an awful lot. Cool down too, plenty of kick board work too. altogether around 3.7km done and felt good heading to work.

Evening session was a run. 4km warm up then into 12 X 60 seconds with 60 seconds recovery. I run these up and down the road outside my house, only road around with no lights or junctions. Got 2 X 60 seconds done going up the road and then 2 back down and repeat. Speed for these varied, going up the road was into a headwind and pace around 3.47/48, going down the road with wind behind me pace was around 3.32/33. These felt good and found the recovery was enough between them. Around 4km cool down then done for total of 14.1km ran.

Wed 8th Jan

So the new years resolution didn't last long and I slept in today. Working in a new place though and a much handier and nicer cycle in so hope to do that at least 3 times a week, some days I have to have the car but hopefully I can keep them to a minimum.

Evening session was an hour on trainer road. Bit of a warm up then into 10 X 2 mins at 105% of the new FTP with 1 min rest between. Tough session but doable, one of them ones where your body feels like it can't do it but once you push through they become nearly enjoyable. Session was nearly split half and half between VO2 max and endurance. All part of a new block working on increasing my 20 min power. After this was a 30 min spin, focusing on endurance. Legs felt grand for this, pleased with how quick I am recovering after the intervals and got through the whole spin no problems.

Thurs 9th Jan

Not too bad a day today, commute in and out of work, took it easy and finding this good for clearing the legs.

Evening session was a long run. Was a lovely evening for it and turned out to be one of them evenings when it just feels effortless. Pace was kept back and it just felt really comfortable, never during the whole run did I feel tired or that I was pushing it. Really enjoyable run and 15.25km ran, means I have a bronze in swim, bike and run for the month. If I can keep it up like this for the rest of the month I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

joey100 wrote: »
    Really enjoyable run and 15.25km ran, means I have a bronze in swim, bike and run for the month. If I can keep it up like this for the rest of the month I'd be delighted.

And beat Fazz :eek::D Still going well at the top, keep going!

Cheers but with the way Fazz's training is going it's more a case of when he overtakes me rather than if he overtakes me. Weekend's are usually busy and the club have a big cycle planned so hopefully I can hold him off for another little bit anyway.

Fri 10th Jan

Busy day but not too bad a day today. Managed to get myself up early for a recovery run, kept the pace right back and just tried to enjoy it. Body was bit tired but after about 3km felt grand, really loosened me out.

Had a commute to work by bike, then up to swimming and then journey home from swimming. Not huge mileage but all adds up by the end of the week.

Swim session was with interested. Good session, not many there but was a good first session back. Some fast 50's mixed with some consistent 50's. Feeling it a bit by the end but wasn't too bad. Good to be back in a coached session, much easier to motivate yourself to go when other people are there.

• Advertisement

Sat 11th Jan

Club spin on the bike. Plan on the website was for a 110km spin and was looking forward to it. Ended up plans had to changed because of the cold weather but we would still be doing a good distance. Pace was much better than last week and most of the people in the group were happy to sit back so meant plenty of turns on the front. Got back from the club spin with 90km done and me and another lad decided to stay out to do a short 15km loop he knew, pace was bumped up and wasn't long before he started suffering, ended up both of us having to take gels to avoid the bonk but might have been a bit too late for him. Anyway the 15km loop turned out to be a 35km loop for me so got back to the house having done around 126km. My furthest cycle so far and legs were surprisingly good at the end. Bit tired but didn't feel sore. Just back from being out in base2race with the gf to finally get her a bike that fits, even looks more comfortable on the bike. Great service as usual by Paul and Dom out there, and if anyone is looking I have a women's bike for sale that would suit someone 5''3 to around 5''8.

Advertisement