Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Mail sent item to Italy instead of Here

• 04-02-2021 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭

As per the title I have a small item coming from the UK to here, once it was ready for export the alarm bells started to ring as the continue to track on partners website was the Italian postal service,

I contacted the seller but wasn't much he can do, anyway it has landed in Italy and appears to have cleared customs and is sitting in a warehouse in Italy now,

So what it likely to happen will the bin it, return it to the UK or possibly send it here with the next batch??

It's not an expensive item but it is not easily replaceable and I'm stuck for it,

Anyone been through anything like this??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

eiei0 wrote: »
    As per the title I have a small item coming from the UK to here, once it was ready for export the alarm bells started to ring as the continue to track on partners website was the Italian postal service,

I contacted the seller but wasn't much he can do, anyway it has landed in Italy and appears to have cleared customs and is sitting in a warehouse in Italy now,

So what it likely to happen will the bin it, return it to the UK or possibly send it here with the next batch??

It's not an expensive item but it is not easily replaceable and I'm stuck for it,

Anyone been through anything like this??

Thanks

If it has the right address, but was accidentally sorted it'll likely be re-routed back. Had something similar happen years ago, except it ended up in Iran! Eventually turned up about six weeks later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

poor handwriting is the probable cause.

In most cases the receiving country works out its Ireland and it goes back into the system. Normally there's a few days delay in you getting it, but these days, that could be weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

The seller could have contacted the shipper, seems like they weren't bothered. You can just ring the courier company up yourself and get it sent to the correct address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Good luck with ringing the Royal Mail, and then maybe brush up on your Italian before ringing Poste Italiane.;)

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Good luck with ringing the Royal Mail, and then maybe brush up on your Italian before ringing Poste Italiane.;)

Dunno about royal mail but I've rang Italian mail companies a good few times and had no issues. It's try that or sit and wait.

• Advertisement

Dunno about royal mail but I've rang Italian mail companies a good few times and had no issues. It's try that or sit and wait.
    Have you ? There is only one Italian postal service, so I don't know what other companies you contacted.

Have you ? There is only one Italian postal service, so I don't know what other companies you contacted.

Couriers. Obviously.

Couriers are not Mail Companies.....obviously.
    The OP says (in his 1st sentence) that the package is with The Italian Postal Service.

Couriers are not Mail Companies.....obviously.
    The OP says (in his 1st sentence) that the package is with The Italian Postal Service.

Yes, I can read thanks. I suggest ringing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

To @eiei0, it is the retailers problem to sort out the delivery, and get the Item forward to you or returned to themselves.

Taken a lesson from the below poster who interrupted/interfered in the process.
    AndyOHart wrote: »
    Jesus christ how much should I be paying for a graphics card that cost 1k?
    I bought it in Germany but was routed through the UK and had UPS pick it up in the UK so now I will have to pay the invoice and not the seller in Germany.

Have a read of few of his posts.

Worse thing if it doesn't get to you or the retailer doesn't refund you. you can issue a charge-back on card or open a dispute with paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It wasn't an Amazon package was it? Before Christmas, I place an order for four items from Amazon (.fr - where I live) Three of them left the fulfilment centre (200km up the road) with La Poste and were delivered a couple of days later without a hitch. The fourth (nothing special - just a small spanner) was given to a private courier and for no good reason that I can think of, headed off on the 1000km trip to Italy. Parcel tracking showed that someone in Italy figured out that it shouldn't have been there, and it eventually made its way back to the fulfilment centre in France, at which point Amazon lost it ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Thanks for the replies,

It a private seller so he is being helpful but he is as confused as me,

Thanks

Advertisement