Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol hedge trimmer?

Options
  • 28-02-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Can someone recommend a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Stihl Kombi with hedge trimmer attachment is excellent.

They are expensive but if you've a lot of hedge to cut or its quite high these are excellent at making the job manageable.

https://blog.stihl.co.uk/how-to-choose-a-starter-kit-in-the-stihl-kombi-system/

For me the key to it is to bring the hedge to a height where you can reach it using the reach of hedge cutter attachment plus extension bar and maintain it there.

I can cut all my hedging (about 8 feet tall) now with no ladder and it makes a different job of it - Far less stress, reaching, balancing, aching shoulders and a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How much hedge are we talking here ? The reason I ask is I have alot of hedge probably circa 120 meters plus and much of it is 4 meters high. I have a petrol on and recently also bought a dewalt battery one.

I'd choose the battery anyday over petrol as the exhaust fumes the other generates are absymal after anymore than twenty minutes work. Hate using it tbh and it's heavy too. I only use it now if I have to as the DeWalt makes a show of it in noise and weight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i have a Husqvarna 122HD60 Hedgetrimmer does the job i need it to !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

i have a Husqvarna 122HD60 Hedgetrimmer does the job i need it to !

Same as. Excellent machine. Highly recommend.

Advertisement