Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Internal Storage

Options
  • 06-02-2021 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm not exactly sure of the model number/make of this DVR, but I've attached two pics which someone might recognise. A family member owns is, and can only go back 2/3 days in terms of footage seemingly (it's set to record 24 hours as far as I can make out, with x4 cameras.) It has a 400GB hdd inside, which seems quite small by todays standards.

I'd like to buy a WD Purple for it, maybe 3/4TB. Would anyone know if this is something that can be literally swapped in & used? Or is it a bit more involved? I don't want to mess the system up & cause more problems than I'm solving!

1612635637380.jpg

1612635637382.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Inviere wrote: »
    Hi guys

I'm not exactly sure of the model number/make of this DVR, but I've attached two pics which someone might recognise. A family member owns is, and can only go back 2/3 days in terms of footage seemingly (it's set to record 24 hours as far as I can make out, with x4 cameras.) It has a 400GB hdd inside, which seems quite small by todays standards.

I'd like to buy a WD Purple for it, maybe 3/4TB. Would anyone know if this is something that can be literally swapped in & used? Or is it a bit more involved? I don't want to mess the system up & cause more problems than I'm solving!

1612635637380.jpg

1612635637382.jpg

You would need admin access to add a new hard drive to that unit as the new drive would need to be formatted by the DVR.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Inviere

altor wrote: »
    You would need admin access to add a new hard drive to that unit as the new drive would need to be formatted by the DVR.

Presumably this is locked behind a username/password?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Inviere wrote: »
    Presumably this is locked behind a username/password?

Yes, should of been changed from default.

Have you tried contacting installer for access?

Advertisement