Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

burst pipe under sink

Options
  • 28-02-2021 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had experience with a burst pipe water damage under sink. I came home yesterday to water pouring out from presses etc under sink. I managed to get the water switched off but there was loads of water already gone behind the presses and under lino. My plumber came out and reckons the units will be ruined and under lino from the water & will swell and smell! He contacted a loss adjuster who will come tomorrow. Just wondering if insurance will normally cover this kind of damage. To the untrained eye it probably looks kind of ok after tons of towls and mopping up but that's just from the outside. I've never had to make a claim before so wondering do insurance usually just cover a certain amount... or do they send their own assessors out. I think I heard with Covid that they aren't going to homes. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance... Stress!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Why did your plumber contact a loss adjustor? Have you contacted your insurance company?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭maggie magoo

he was trying to be helpful. I wasn't aware it was a loss adjustor... well at least assume that's what he is. I'll be contacting my insurance company first thing tomorrow morning anyway to see what the usual is to do.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Why did your plumber contact a loss adjustor? Have you contacted your insurance company?

It's an assessor... not sure if that's the same as adjuster. Am clueless in this area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

It depends on how bad it is, and how long the materials were wet.
    I many cases lifting the lino temporarily and bringing in a dehumidifier for a few days would do a lot for it.

ok thanks for your reply. I have pulled back lino as far as I can but then it's glued. I guess I'll find out more tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement