Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum - SIM card

Options
  • 26-02-2021 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have a quantum hkc that was in when moved house -
    Have eng code -
    On occasion the leds on Saab- stop working
    - get error on rkp-
    Alarm installer called first time this happened - he put in the system - he was in attic at cable for few mins - all was ok for few weeks - happened again - he wouldn’t entertain changing Saab as he reckoned he fixed it - anyhow - I discovered that by knocking off the fuse a couple times - led returned - yer man reckons “ relay in it stuck “ had enough of him - now two years later - led gone again - showing FAULT - the fuse “ trick “ ain’t working. -
    No Saab - alarm will set. -
    SIM card was EIR and I was topping up every 6 months - but now EIR have closed my account - I’m dubious about them leaving it run the 6 months - anyway - I disabled the sim / -
    I need I think new Saab- I think this topping up within 6 months - to keep the sim working it’s not ideal -
    Not into paying monitoring fees - does anyone know how much it costs to run the hkc app - does that fee ( 50 /60 euro?) eliminate the need to have sim and to have to top it up in time continually - will it work - with quantem - have WiFi -
    Trying to have a reasonable alarm - with cheap as possible “ monitoring - charges -
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

I have a quantum hkc that was in when moved house -
    Have eng code -
    On occasion the leds on Saab- stop working
    - get error on rkp-
    Alarm installer called first time this happened - he put in the system - he was in attic at cable for few mins - all was ok for few weeks - happened again - he wouldn’t entertain changing Saab as he reckoned he fixed it - anyhow - I discovered that by knocking off the fuse a couple times - led returned - yer man reckons “ relay in it stuck “ had enough of him - now two years later - led gone again - showing FAULT - the fuse “ trick “ ain’t working. -
    No Saab - alarm will set. -
    SIM card was EIR and I was topping up every 6 months - but now EIR have closed my account - I’m dubious about them leaving it run the 6 months - anyway - I disabled the sim / -
    I need I think new Saab- I think this topping up within 6 months - to keep the sim working it’s not ideal -
    Not into paying monitoring fees - does anyone know how much it costs to run the hkc app - does that fee ( 50 /60 euro?) eliminate the need to have sim and to have to top it up in time continually - will it work - with quantem - have WiFi -
    Trying to have a reasonable alarm - with cheap as possible “ monitoring - charges -
    Thks

I would of got him to replace the Sabb as its defo got an issue with it and would of been covered under warranty.

The sims HKC use are world sims so they port to the strongest network in your area.
    The fee covers the need for topping up.
    Its the service your paying the fee for so even if its connected to wifi only you pay the same fee.
    If you have a dual path communicator, wifi and sim then the fee is the same.

Advertisement