Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-sealed Game?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the Sin & Punishment 2 I recieved. The seal is loose & sloppy, there's dirt under the seal, & the label looks a lot lower quality than I've seen before...

33o0fmh.jpg

112adn5.jpg

wlegl3.jpg

21b86yd.jpg

mtqpno.jpg

16hu9lh.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll check mine when I get home but it won't be until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Where did you get them?

They definitely look like they've been resealed. Shoddy cellophane wrapping and biggest hint of all is that dirty label. Looks like it's been sitting on a shelf for a while with no wrapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,853 ✭✭✭Steve X2

vu72.jpg
    9tid.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Looks like someone printed the front cover off a colour printer too. Is the disc a genuine one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll check mine when I get home but it won't be until tomorrow.

Cheers, this really can't be an official one though...comparing that & a proper sealed one it's like night & day...
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Where did you get them?

They definitely look like they've been released. Shoddy cellophane wrapping and biggest hint of all is that dirty label. Looks like it's been sitting on a shelf for a while with no wrapper.

Came from an Amazon seller here, fulfilled by Amazon though - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sin-Punishment-Successor-Skies-Wii/dp/B002EE7OKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397125954&sr=8-1&keywords=sin+and+punishment+wii

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Looks like someone printed the front cover off a colour printer too. Is the disc a genuine one?

My thoughts exactly, it's a lot lower quality to others when compared in person. I haven't opened it to check, & it'll be on its way back to Amazon in a few mins as I've been refunded for it :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I checked my copy there, and the 'green triangle' does seem a tad darker than other Wii games, although not to the same extent as your photo seems to suggest. Could be down to the fact that it was instantly changed to the far superior reversible cover, though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

It certainly does look like a printed ink jet cover. I'd let Amazon know at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, the dpi on the 'WII' logo and the cover look really low. Definitely like it was printed off by someone.

Why don't you open it up and have a look at the disc? (haven't turned into a sealed game collector have you? :D)

It certainly does look like a printed ink jet cover. I'd let Amazon know at least.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh yeah, the dpi on the 'WII' logo and the cover look really low. Definitely like it was printed off by someone.

Why don't you open it up and have a look at the disc? (haven't turned into a sealed game collector have you? :D)

I've been refunded already, so not gonna bother opening it & giving the seller any cause for dispute. The dpi on the warnings & info on the back is really low, it's definitely not legit, & you can see where the label cover ends & white page resumes there in the second last pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Myrddin wrote: »
    I've been refunded already, so not gonna bother opening it & giving the seller any cause for dispute. The dpi on the warnings & info on the back is really low, it's definitely not legit, & you can see where the label cover ends & white page resumes there in the second last pic

Definitely looks like a counterfeit job, like the others, I'd doubt the disk inside was legit either!

Definitely looks like a counterfeit job, like the others, I'd doubt the disk inside was legit either!

Do they go as far as to put counterfeit discs in these cases?? Is the gamble that the buyer will keep it sealed & never find out or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Crap. Haven't opened mine yet, never even thought to look.
    To be honest I don't care as long as the disk works, but it was sold as new, so if it's not...

Crap crappity crap.

Myrddin wrote: »
    Do they go as far as to put counterfeit discs in these cases?? Is the gamble that the buyer will keep it sealed & never find out or something?

Could do, those cases are easy enough to get. I dumped a load of them before as they used to sell the Wii points cards in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

I was going to post a similar topic. Two weeks ago I picked up a few WiiU and Wii games from Argos. They all were sealed with a "nintendo" branded tearaway strip. 100% brand new

This week a few more WiiU/Wii games came in the post from amazon. Again, all were sealed but they look exactly like your one there. A dodgy looking home made shrink wrap with no nintendo tearaway strip.

Do all Nintendo games have the nintendo strip?

Not that I care since I'm opening them to play but for you guys collecting it must be frustrating.

So, got another Sin & Punishment 2 today. This one looks a lot better cover wise, though I'm not 100% about the seal (if it's been resealed or not), also there's no tearaway strip on this one either. Can anyone with a sealed one confirm if it has the Nintendo tearaway strip?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

$T2eC16h,!)8E9s4l9z7uBR(YcZyIjw~~60_35.JPG

Looks like this image from eBay suggests the strip is Nintendo branded :(

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    $T2eC16h,!)8E9s4l9z7uBR(YcZyIjw~~60_35.JPG

Looks like this image from eBay suggests the strip is Nintendo branded :(

Never thought of ebay :o All the sealed ones I can see on ebay don't appear to have a strip. It's weird, it's not as if this is a high value game or anything, what is the point of resealing it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Unless I am mistake every single Nintendo game should have the same seals typical of Nintendo They've barely changed their format over the years of game boxes and seals.

But you shouldn't need to compare it to another Sin & Punishment, I'm positive any other properly new sealed game should be fine to compare to.

If the wrapping feels really light and flimsy and doesn't have the right foldings in the corners etc, it's most likely someone done a custom job and just printed the front and back cover out to stick onto it. If the game doesn't have the typical Nintendo box traits then it's most likely a custom job. Typical seals should always be there and should always be absolutely perfect.

Myridden your first post there the game was obviously resealed, terrible job on it. Glad you got your money back on it.

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Myridden your first post there the game was obviously resealed, terrible job on it. Glad you got your money back on it.

Yeah, Amazon are pretty great to deal with if there's any problems. I'm not certain though you're right about all Nintendo games having the Nintendo strip within the seal...I've gotten some real low value Wii games the past while that were sealed but don't have that strip. There'd be zero sense in resealing a cheap game, or would there? :o

• Advertisement

Money is money horse.

I know that the Nes Snes definitely have specific seals, pretty sure the 64 does too. That's why I thought the wii would too. I've tried to find more info in it but couldn't get anything.

Lenmeister wrote: »
    Money is money horse.

I know that the Nes Snes definitely have specific seals, pretty sure the 64 does too. That's why I thought the wii would too. I've tried to find more info in it but couldn't get anything.

A cheap & common Wii game though isn't going to get much, if anything, more if it's sealed though. You could be right, but like you say, info on this is hard to find

They would only have the seal if they're published by Nintendo, I think...?

They would only have the seal if they're published by Nintendo, I think...?

Kinda thinking along those lines myself...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sin and Punishment is a Nintendo published game. They own the ip.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sin and Punishment is a Nintendo published game. They own the ip.

There goes that theory then. So any copy of Sin & Punishment 2 should have the nintendo tearaway strip in the cellophane. The vast majority of the ones I see online, advertised as new, don't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Opened mine after confirming with Amazon that it didn't affect my rights. Disc looked fine and plays in unmodded vWii, has unused points card, cover is reversible. Is it just a quick and dirty reprint by the manufacturer?

By the way, its a great game based on the opening two levels. Does not deserve to stay sealed ;-)

I've always wanted to play the original on my N64 but would need a jap version. Don't have a wii :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in Tesco looking for bargains and I noticed that non Nintendo published games have a non Nintendo branded strip around the house plastic wrap, while the Ninty stuff has the logo on the strip.
    Not sure if that'll put anyone's at ease.

• Advertisement
Advertisement