Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Cabinet Resources

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was given this link by someone on Arcade Otaku as I was looking for a Negatron.
    http://www.tms-designs.com/theshed/default.asp

He seems to stock a fair few bits (mostly Sega but he has other stuff) for arcade machines.

Might be worth a look.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

There's also the site below which sell parts and cabs also it seems, you have to email them with part numbers for prices (they order them direct from Taito).

http://www.rs2006.co.jp/overseas.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Anyone know where I can buy some 2.8mm male spade connectors? I went everywhere in town today looking for them. Peats, Maplin, Mitchells etc. Nobody has them.

I didn't have time to try McKenna's (sic?). Anyone know any good electrical stores that may do them?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy some 2.8mm male spade connectors? I went everywhere in town today looking for them. Peats, Maplin, Mitchells etc. Nobody has them.

I didn't have time to try McKenna's (sic?). Anyone know any good electrical stores that may do them?

I would have suggested Halfords (Carrickmines) but I was there recently and they only had the larger variety (6.5mm) that I got a few packs of myself. I haven't come across male spade connectors in that size before. Maybe that Radionics place might have them?

I know the guys over on AO said 2.8mm but have you measured the width of the terminals on those microswitches on your current sticks? Just to be doubly sure.

/Edit: The reason I'm questioning the 2.8mm is because in your pics here the terminals on your stick switches (and hence the females they go into) look awfully like 6.5mm, unless they taper off something fierce. Worth checking anyway. I'd expect the buttons to be 2.8mm but not sticks. Anyway, I'm just a noob with this stuff. :P

I had a "oh my God, you're such a bell end!" moment after I posted that. I'm going to Airside tonight to have a look in B&Q and/or Halfords for some.

Surely to goodness someone must have them. I WANT TO INSTALL MY LS-56-01'S DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    the terminals on your stick switches (and hence the females they go into) look awfully like 6.5mm

I'll just buy a pack of each. Feck it, they're only €2.50 a pack in Maplin, meaning they should be around 3c a pack in anywhere else that prices stuff properly.

B&Q have some nice cheapo ratchet crimps too so I'll swipe one of those chubby looking hoofters to attach them with as well methinks. :)

Yeah Halfords are total rip off with those connectors and quick disconnects, but when your stuck (impatient :pac:) what can you do.
    I'd be very surprised if those stick switches are 2.8mm as I've only seen that size on the Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons. Lol those new sticks better be worth all the hassle you're going through. I was tempted to order a 58 from akihabara since they come with the SS mounting plate but decided against it for now, the 32 does me fine. Do they offer better delivery times than your 1 month SAL crap btw?

Akihibarashop offer Airmail and EMS in addition to the awesome SAL(amander).

Hopefully I'll have these boys fitted tonight. :)

After an evening trawling B&Q and Halfords and ending up buying a million types of spade connectors I can safely say this Andrew76:

They are definitely 2.8mm spades required.

Ah well. Just have to wait for them to turn up in the post. Argh! :(

Ah crap man that's a letdown. :(

Where are you getting them from via the post?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Ah crap man that's a letdown. :(

Where are you getting them from via the post?

Oddly enough, the UK. The bloke I bought them off is sending another pack today.

Those bloody female terminals are 4.75mm/0.187". I can't find male spades for them at all.

I'm tempted to chuck the towel in now and buy LS-56's instead and sell the 01's. Sick of the hassle it's causing. :(

Those bloody female terminals are 4.75mm/0.187". I can't find male spades for them at all.

I'm tempted to chuck the towel in now and buy LS-56's instead and sell the 01's. Sick of the hassle it's causing. :(

It's like a right of passage with these candies, wouldn't be right if they didn't give you grief unfortunately. :(

I would've taken those 01's off your hands only for the pain in the ass mounting plates on them. I guess the easiest option would be to buy the new sticks, if you didn't want to wait ages for akiha shipping then arcadeshop.de has them and they'll get to you within 2 wks max: http://www.arcadeshop.de/Joysticks-LS-56-Seimitsu_777.html. Says in the description that they use 0.187" terminals so they would connect straight into your females no problem.

The cheaper option would be to snip off the 0.187" females you currently have and attach new females that you have matching male spades for (0.250"?).

Aye, I'm not going to snip the microswitches but I'm going to buy the standard 56's instead and sell the 01's. What kind of CP plate does your cab have? Just wondering how they differ to Sega plates.

Trying to get the right spades for the 01's is doing my head in so I might as well just fold my cards.

Talking of sticks, does anyone know where you can get a Suzo 500 from?

My cp uses SS mounting plates.

I chucked in the towel. Bought two 56's instead. Sticks are now up for sale (elsewhere) or trade (here and AO/Shmups). :)

Those bloody sticks I ordered I thought were on their way. They still haven't shipped. Bloke says they are being shipped today after I had to ask them twice.

That's the last time I order from arcadeshop.de. :mad:

Those bloody sticks I ordered I thought were on their way. They still haven't shipped. Bloke says they are being shipped today after I had to ask them twice.

That's the last time I order from arcadeshop.de. :mad:

Wtf that's crapola. Must say I've never had a problem with them before.

But funny you mention the above - those sticks I ordered from akihabarashop where my order went missing. As I mentioned the chap responded to my emails about the missing order quick enough but I emailed again a few days ago asking had they been shipped or not - no word back. So like you but with a different site, I won't be ordering from them again.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other eh Mr. 76? :)

I've personally not had problems with them besides the super slow SAL shipping. Did you opt for SAL untracked? Or EMS?

In future I'm going with EMS on important items, it's worth the few bob more I think.

Pissed off with Arcadeshop.de though, leaving it a fecking week until I have to contact them twice in order to get a response. Was told I'd get shipping confirmation today too and I still haven't received that yet. :mad:

Six of one, half a dozen of the other eh Mr. 76? :)

I've personally not had problems with them besides the super slow SAL shipping. Did you opt for SAL untracked? Or EMS?

In future I'm going with EMS on important items, it's worth the few bob more I think.

Pissed off with Arcadeshop.de though, leaving it a fecking week until I have to contact them twice in order to get a response. Was told I'd get shipping confirmation today too and I still haven't received that yet. :mad:

I think I went with EMS because you mentioned SAL took ages for something you got recently. I was hoping to get them this side of Christmas seeing as I ordered them week before last now I think. Prob won't happen. Must see if I can put in some sort of paypal claim if I don't hear back by the weekend.

That's strange with arcadeshop.de. What did/does you order history page say? Normally the order status updates quick enough. Usually only a day to go from Waiting for Payment to Payment Received then a day or two later it's Order Shipped and you get an automatic email saying the same.

• Advertisement

Ordered Dec 1. Same date it says 'awaiting payment' then 'payment received'. Nothing else after that. No emails, nothing, just a 'thanks for your order' email.

Still no update either. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you tried gremlin solutions in the uk? I've used them several times. Fast, trackable shipping, very large selection of products from most of the big name manufacturers, good website, excellent and very knowledgeable customer service, and a good exchange rate for sterling against the euro at the moment too.

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/

Hey, posting this here in the hope of getting a recommendation before i have to make a new thread.

I'm looking to get custom side art printed for my bartop arcade, but i'm just looking for a small circular 6 inch logo for each side, a hyperspin logo, to match the artwork i'm planning for my cab.

This is the logo I'm planning to use:
    http://i52.tinypic.com/14bsxkw.jpg

I've checked gameongraphics and all the usual places online, but they either charge a fortune plus shipping for what is basically a very small job, or don't do custom shaped printing at all.

Can anyone recommend either a walk in place in Dublin, maybe a (car decals place or something), or any place online in EU or UK that will ship small custom sized/shaped designs and not charge an arm and a leg for it?

Recommendations from personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Guys, best place to get a CRT arcade monitor? Maybe 21 inch / 24 inch?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

new or 2nd hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

new or 2nd hand?

Either / Or Mitch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Yeah, I mentioned in a post before, but I imagine it'd get more love here. I know a guy who'll do all your custom-sticker printing for your cabs and whatnot. Might do poster prints too, can't hurt to ask. Send him an email with what you want, design and size wise, and he'll get back to you with a quote. He's done a ton of sign-installations, everything from upmarket retailers to snazzing up boats. So, plenty of experience and flexibility.

He's available at Tonybracken@gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

anyone looking for a cab pm me for pics..
    i have a 2000 game cabinet and a 60 game cabinet for sale

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you are selling an item or items then please do so on Adverts with a link from the appropriate thread.
    Please don't sell items here within these forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement