Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Cabinet Resources

Options
  • 30-08-2007 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Lads,

I am starting a new project. A BarCade style cab like ... http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gbh/MameCab/MameCab17/MameCab17.html

Now. I've always had problems in the past sourcing artwork for my cabs and this will be no different. Basically I am looking to buy black vinyl that can be applied to MDF. Anyone know where I could buy this ?

Cheers,
    Brian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Joe-Bloggs

Brian, Your best bet for vinyl is from sign printers, they buy in large rolls of adhesive backed vinyl and most places will give you what you want. Other than that there's always ebay but you might end up with more than you need.

But if you're looking for artwork then I can highly recommend MAME Marquees I've got pieces from them in the past and it's top quality well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

If you are look for another bar top I have one its a pitboss counter top no board.9" monitor ,control panel coin mech etc 50 euros ??.Could be converted to jamma or rip out the guts and fit a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Someone at http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm should be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

thanks guys. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Worth a sticky me thinks..... Keep the links coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

And there's always this book

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

OT but this is definitely worth a look if even just to drool.

http://www.stone-oakvalley-studios.com/index_somac_id.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hamese

Just browsing through this forum and saw you are starting a new project. Deadlock is right about the arcadecontrols.com site. That is what helped me get started several years ago. They have a bar type section that should be of interest for you. I built a stand up about six years ago. I still use it occasionally, but I haven't made any nice changes to it in a while. I love to see people start projects like this.

http://www.blogeric.net/?page_id=22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Just thought I'd mention this. I am making a custom joystick and wanted to have the top of it MDF->Artowrk->Plexi.

I had tried before to cut plexi with bad results but decided to have another go :)

4mm plexi bought in Homebase. Clamped the joystick/control panel mdf to the plexi and scored it (repeatedly!) on 1 side.
    Did the exact same with the other side and with a little persuasion the plexi came out pretty well. A bit of sanding to he edges and I now have plexi to cover the control panel :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ilovejamma

Do you still have the bartop, as i would be interested in it if for sale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

cynos wrote: »

I found it quite slow changing between emus. I use Maximus frontend, and its working out grand

www.arcadeshop.de <-- great shop for parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

www.arcadeotaku.com

Successor to the now defunct Killer Cabs. Lots of good quality Japanese candy cabinets being traded on there. There are also a few arcade operators who might be able to source a cab. If you have anything technical questions theres lots of clever chaps around to offer advice on repairing pcbs, monitors etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pool-champ

Hello im one of the moderaters on Arcade Otaku does anyone know me ,I never knew this place was around ...

hail Otaku welcome to the forum!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pool-champ

Hi cor so this were you hang out then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 SimComSports

Strong words....

http://www.jammaboards.com/

For those who have a spare cab with working Monitor and Jamma Harness and not a lot of space for pcb's...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/
    For those looking to repair anything arcade really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/
    For those looking to repair anything arcade really

good link.;)
    TY

• Advertisement

Do we have any arcade tech's that post in the forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Hi Guys,

Building a Mame cab at the moment. Id really like a Wells Gardner monitor or similar. Anybody know a good supplier? Id prefer not to import all the way from the states, a journey like that would be expensive and could ruin the screen...

Cheers.

I can get you a new WG monitor,or I have a few 2nd hand ones.

Cheers Mitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Hi Mitch,

Thanks very much for the reply. Id be very interested in a new WG, what model can you get and any idea of a price?

Cheers,

Kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Got one of these from Mitch. Its the K7302. No isolation transformer required. so plug and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

hey mitch have you any cabs for a mame project?

All ways have a few project machines availble.from bare shells to complete machines.

Cheers Mitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Any mistreated cabs that need a good bit of work done to them, I'm looking for a bit of a project!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just a couple of links ive used in building/setting up my cab

www.t-molding.com im sure everyone knows this one, they sell all types of tmolding and slot cutters\arbors needed to do the job.

www.ultimarc.com - Bought all my bits and pieces off here, buttons, leds, Joystiqs, ipac2, arcade vga etc. make sure you buy in dollars off it as for some reason when i added up what i bought using the euro option on the site it ended up 50quid more expensive than the almighty $ for some reason.

www.maximusarcade.com/ - This is what i used for my front end, its pretty good, i didnt want something too flashy and with a video pack setup it looks great.

www.arcademachines.ie - I didnt buy anything from here but i found it after i had everything i needed. There prices are really decent and could be worth checking out, anyone use them before?

Its prob a good idea to check ebay once you find the bits you are looking for, you might get them cheaper off there. I need to pick up a couple of long shafts for my joystiqs and they are cheaper on ebay than on the websites.

www.elara.ie - I bought a hard drive and speakers from here, im sure there are cheaper but it was handy because they have a collection point in park west industrial estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 feng10

Highly recommend arcademachines.ie I ordered an I-Pac some buttons and joysticks of them and they delivered the next day. The guy Aiden even rang to keep me updated on my order and was really helpful and sound.
    The same cant be said for Elara I ordered some RAM and im still waiting on it even though it was in stock at the time. They charged me €8 for delivery even though im only 20 miles or so away from there site at Parkwest. I would have collected it only I had no transport. €8 for a such a small package seems a bit of a rip off to me, wouldn't have minded so much if they sent it by courier or something, ah well I won't be using them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement