Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Realms gold mine found

Options
  • 18-04-2014 11:40am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭

It seems that when interceptor bought 3D Realms earlier they also inherited about 25 years worth of backup hard disks and other development material. They are going through it now and finding early versions of duke 3D, shadow warrior and there might even be a 1996 build of Prey.

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7366-duke3d-sw-earlyalphabetagold-material/

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd say there's a lot of builds of Duke Forever in there!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'd say there's a lot of builds of Duke Forever in there!

What a lump of ****e of a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unfortunately dnf and prey builds can't be shown due to copyright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Unfortunately dnf and prey builds can't be shown due to copyright.

Queue a 'leak'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

This is awesome! Love seeing stuff that never quite made the cut. Just a shame there are some legally murky IP's mixed in there so they have to take a lot more care before releasing the betas, unreleased builds, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Yeah' would love to have seen a build of dnf when it was using the quake engine. It looked much better than one that was released, for it's time of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I wish Parasol Stars would be found. :(

Advertisement