Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

dobman88 wrote: »
    Some load of curtain twitchers take their role in the community alert very seriously.

I went for a walk one night, about a week after our C.A. was established. A car slowed down behind me - I thought they were living in one of the houses I was passing and were waiting for me to walk past the entrance. I walked for a good 40 metres and it was still trailing me. I turned around to see who or what was going on and there was a founding member of the C.A. crawling along behind me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I went for a walk one night, about a week after our C.A. was established. A car slowed down behind me - I thought they were living in one of the houses I was passing and were waiting for me to walk past the entrance. I walked for a good 40 metres and it was still trailing me. I turned around to see who or what was going on and there was a founding member of the C.A. crawling along behind me.

that's a bit weird alright! That would have made me really uncomfortable, you could have reported them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Community Alert usually translates to "Nosey Fècker"

In case you hadn't guesses I'm originally from a small rural village full of nosey aul wans and aul lads that call themselves C.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

He's an old, harmless man who is taking his 'responsibility' a bit too far. I wouldn't mind, I was wearing a high-viz bib...not exactly suitable attire for someone who doesn't want to be noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Hi,
    Could anyone tell me what time TK Maxx opens in Killarney tomorrow? It doesn't appear to be online and the phone is engaged. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Miaireland wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could anyone tell me what time TK Maxx opens in Killarney tomorrow? It doesn't appear to be online and the phone is engaged. Thanks

Opens at 11am according to the website.

http://www.tkmaxx.ie/stores/Killarney

madcabbage wrote: »
    Is it not across the road where the Chinese restaurant was no?

Nope. Not gping here. Bradleys Pharmacy is being put in there. Never heard of them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

when is that place opening dobman88

when is that place opening dobman88

I don't know. Walked past today and they were putting all the signs and shelves up. At a complete guess I'd say next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Nope. Not gping here. Bradleys Pharmacy is being put in there. Never heard of them before.

I think Joan Willims pharmacy has been sold and maybe they are moving across the Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

newman10 wrote: »
    I think Joan Willims pharmacy has been sold and maybe they are moving across the Street.

100% correct - go to the top of the class ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Is there a car rally on today? Saw a number of boy racers flying up Woodlawn Road yesterday and then today also.

Is there a car rally on today? Saw a number of boy racers flying up Woodlawn Road yesterday and then today also.

Ya the auld vintage rally is on. Surprised Molls Gap isn't flooded with the amount of rain that's fallen.

Rally cancelled for safety reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ya the auld vintage rally is on. Surprised Molls Gap isn't flooded with the amount of rain that's fallen.

I think Molls Gap road is blocked now due to flooding as is the Kilgarvan Road to Kenmare.

The N22 is also flooded and Cork traffic is being diverted at Lissivigeen.

Surprised they left it his late to cancel rally in light of all the weather warnings.

Radio5 wrote: »
    I think Molls Gap road is blocked now due to flooding as is the Kilgarvan Road to Kenmare.

The N22 is also flooded and Cork traffic is being diverted at Lissivigeen.

Surprised they left it his late to cancel rally in light of all the weather warnings.

The local rally organisers wanted to go ahead :eek:

Motorsport Ireland pulled out which left the event uninsured so they had no option to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Radio5 wrote: »

Makes you want to pray for bad weather more often at rally time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

In case you hadn't guesses I'm originally from a small rural village full of nosey aul wans and aul lads that call themselves C.A

Just like Boards then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Leprechaun95

I'm heading to Killarney tomorrow, getting the bus down and was wondering would there be taxis at the station in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Anyone know of any place in town showing the McGregor and Aldo fight on Friday night/Saturday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm heading to Killarney tomorrow, getting the bus down and was wondering would there be taxis at the station in Killarney?

Doubt it but there's a taxi rank down on College Street which is only a 2/3 minute walk from the train station.

Anyone know of any place in town showing the McGregor and Aldo fight on Friday night/Saturday morning?

It'll be 5am when that fight is on. I'd say unless you're staying in a hotel, you mightn't be able to find a place to watch it.

The last thing places will be doing is advertising the fact they'll be showing it. There will be about 4 places I can think of that will show it after closing time. If you're lucky enough to know someone you'll get in to watch it.

Tbh I'll be watching it at home. Have a couple of beers in comfort and no drunk idiots chanting ole ole ole.

Nice to see the Kilcummin Gneeveguilla nosey neighbourhood watch is still active.

http://www.killarneytoday.com/garda-alert-over-suspicious-van/

Probably a couple of lads working.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They could at least explain why it has caused concern, those articles are always far too vague.

It's a concern cos some aul bridie didn't know exactly who the driver was related to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

siblers wrote: »
    They could at least explain why it has caused concern, those articles are always far too vague.

There has been a couple of burglaries around Killarney the last few weeks so I'd imagine that is why the Guards issued the warning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Did anyone spot Michael Fassbender around Killarney this Christmas? :)

http://www.killarneytoday.com/santa-shares-stage-with-fassbender/

Advertisement