Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle Kells to Navan

Options
  • 27-11-2015 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Moving to Kells in the new year and will be working in Navan.

Currently I cycle to work and would like to keep this going by cycling to Navan daily.

Anybody currently do this....how long does it usually take you.....how is the road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

The main road from Kells to Navan is the R147. The distance is roughly 15kms. The road to cycle on is ok. Coming out of Kells the road is narrow enough and no hard shoulder. But once you have cycled maybe 1km the road widens a hard shoulder is there. Plenty of room to cycle in. The road is fairly flat, a few rises and falls but nothing major at all and the the its not too bad in condition. There are a few minor bumps to look out for, nothing major.
    There are some other roads you can take between the two towns also but if your not from the area I would advise sticking to the main road first to get your bearings and then try the alternatives. Hope this helps. Oh and if your into cycling and looking to join a club Moynalty cycling club is near Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MetHerInSolas

How long would the journey take you...1 hr?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭burger1979

Well I'm in a cycle club so Kells to Navan is usually done in 30 mins or so. Never done it on a leisure/commute cycle, but if i was i would hazard a guess at 45 min.

Advertisement