Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12 Volt 7amp alarm battery

Options
  • 09-02-2020 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, does anyone know anywhere that would be open on a Sunday where I could pick up a 12 volt 7amp battery for an HKC secure watch alarm (Dublin/Wicklow areas)?
    We are in the middle of a power cut which isn’t due to be resolved until 5pm this evening. The currently battery in the system doesn’t have enough life to keep the system up while the power is off so I can’t deactivate the alarm and the external bell has been going off since the power went down (I’m very popular with the neighbours right now!!!!!!). Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Probably a bit late now. But screwfix should have 12v 7ah batteries. Open till 6 Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

KoolKid might confirm this

I was told in event of a long power cut - and to stop the internal battery ruining itself along with the internal sounder chirruping that the power is running low

Go into Engineering mode
    Disconnect battery
    External sounder will ring for 10 or 20 mins and then stop

System will then be totally in-op until the power comes back on and you can resurrect it

if you don't do this as the battery starts to die all sorts of alerts happen e.g. internal sounder will chirrup and he smoke alarms might join in

Clearly its bad to be without alarm or smoke alarms (although they should have batteries in them but typically they start to chirrup just when you really don't want them to) and candles during a power cut are a create source of fire
    so BE CAREFUL during a blackout

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

fclauson wrote: »
    KoolKid might confirm this

I was told in event of a long power cut - and to stop the internal battery ruining itself along with the internal sounder chirruping that the power is running low

Go into Engineering mode
    Disconnect battery
    External sounder will ring for 10 or 20 mins and then stop

System will then be totally in-op until the power comes back on and you can resurrect it

if you don't do this as the battery starts to die all sorts of alerts happen e.g. internal sounder will chirrup and he smoke alarms might join in

Clearly its bad to be without alarm or smoke alarms (although they should have batteries in them but typically they start to chirrup just when you really don't want them to) and candles during a power cut are a create source of fire
    so BE CAREFUL during a blackout

If the battery is low then this saves the back up battery from going to low and not been able to charge when power comes back on.
    The battery should be holding up the system for 12 hours.

Advertisement