Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1080P+ IP CCTV NVR System for Shop

Options
  • 14-01-2016 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

Deleted because obviously TLDR and it might be putting off anyone replying...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

TLDR Huh? :D

Recommend me some cheap 1080p POE IP cameras for indoor use and an NVR which I'll be DIY installing myself for a budget of €400-€500. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Maybe I was over optimistic when I read that thread talking about 720p Escams and a €30 NVR for €150 and thinking that meant that one could do a 4 camera 1080p system with slightly better gear for 400-500.

So forget about the budget. Doesn't look like 6-8 port NVR/DVR's are cheap either.

How about this.

4 decent IP 1080P POE Hikvision Indoor cams for our small 5x7m shop with 2 outdoor 1080p cams to be purchased later.

An 8 Port with 8 POE Gigabit Switch. That covers the eventual 6 cams, the Cat 5e Network link back into the Home Network in our house nextdoor and a Mini-PC for our internet browsing needs in the shop

I'll buy a USB HDD enclosure and HDD that I can plug into my Asus RT66U Router in the house for CCTV storage but by the end of the year I'll have built my Quad-core 27 Bay Media server :D so CCTV storage will eventually move to that (How much footage can you store on 100TB ;) )

I'll pic up another €160 Asus Eeebox mini-PC like I bought for the old man thats running Windows 10 fine and has no problem with 1080p playback. It has 2 HDMI ports so I can connect 2 monitors. 1 up high for deterrence like I described in my first post and the other for close inspection behind the counter. This Mini-pc will be used for our internet browsing and running the Camera software. Can anyone recommend decent software.

How does that sound?

Advertisement