Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how big is your ignore list?

Options
  • 28-10-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

How many people have you felt you had to ignore on here ? I haven't yet used the feature myself, is it like a block button?

How often do you ignore, or do you just do it manually?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,433 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

One gob****e on ignore, ones enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Who's pissed you off Rob?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I have all the admins on my ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

I ignore myself sometimes for the craic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

None on mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I have nobody on ignore.

Love you guys :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Robsweezie wrote: »
    How many people have you felt you had to ignore on here ? I haven't yet used the feature myself, is it like a block button?

How often do you ignore, or do you just do it manually?
    I've no one on mine, I just do it myself.

I think it means you can't see their posts and they can't see yours, I might be wrong about the second part though. I know you won't see theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

None, I love you all*

*may not be true..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

:confused:I think this is a new thread but I can't see any posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Zero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

The worst thing about having someone on ignore is when you see a post by them and you can click to read it and you KNOW you shouldn't. But you do anyway. And you think "I ****in' knew they were a twat"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Never knew we had an ignore feature.

Must get ignoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

None consider the scum I've put up with lately

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

None

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

None...my smiting list however...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

reallyrose wrote: »
    The worst thing about having someone on ignore is when you see a post by them and you can click to read it and you KNOW you shouldn't. But you do anyway. And you think "I ****in' knew they were a twat"

Hasn't that changed?

It definitely used to be that way, but with the people I have on ignore now (three, to answer op), I simply can't see their posts. I'll get a notification on a thread I'm following that they're the latest poster, but their posts just don't appear.

Previously it'd be in a box, saying such and such is on your ignore list, click here to read the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Ignore list is pointless when you can still read their posts when someone quotes them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Robsweezie wrote: »
    How many people have you felt you had to ignore on here ?

I have nobody on my ignore list. Now I do generally stay clear of car crash threads and maybe that helps. I also rarely revisit a thread once I've expressed own opinion in a post. So perhaps I'm missing out on willful trolls and some shít stirrers out there, that might deserve making an ignore list. But since I'm not aware of them because of how I use Boards.ie, I intend to keep it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nobody - I prefer to read the posts of those I dislike to cement my opinion that they are gobshítes :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,499 ✭✭✭✭Caoimhgh1n

None, but as soon as I'm tired, and in a bad mood some day, I will most likely go on a little spree! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 45,280 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Ignore list is pointless when you can still read their posts when someone quotes them.

There's a add on for Firefox that even ignores the person in quotes

Think it's called Total Ignore or something

Hasn't that changed?

It definitely used to be that way, but with the people I have on ignore now (three, to answer op), I simply can't see their posts. I'll get a notification on a thread I'm following that they're the latest poster, but their posts just don't appear.

Previously it'd be in a box, saying such and such is on your ignore list, click here to read the post.
    On the full site, you do get the "click to view post" thing. Touch site no, you don't see it at all.

Little known fact, someone on your ignore list can't PM you either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

kfallon wrote: »
    Nobody - I prefer to read the posts of those I dislike to cement my opinion that they are gobshítes :P

I'm the same, I love a reason to get irate so I like to read a post and then get all annoyed. I do the same on facebook, people tell me to hide someone's news feed but I'd much prefer to read someone's statuses and froth with rage :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I don't have anyone on ignore cos I'm too nosey. If I had an argument with someone I'd just have to see their replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Haven't got one, ignoring would mean I wouldn't get to have as many pointless, passionate arguments with internet strangers. What'd be the point of going online at all? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

None....too much fun running clueless fools outta the yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

None at the moment. I only add someone to ignore when I think they are completely thick and have to be trolling as there is no way a person can be that stupid while being able to use a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

None at the moment. I only add someone to ignore when I think they are completely thick and have to be trolling as there is no way a person can be that stupid while being able to use a computer.

Checking, checking... one, two... is this computer on? :p

Nah, I couldn't put anyone on ignore. What goes on in one thread stays in that thread, and shouldn't carry over to another. I've often butted heads with posters in one thread and completely agreed with their opinion in another thread minutes later.

Having the memory of a goldfish is actually useful at ti...

What was I saying again?

Who are you people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

NASA is currently computing the size of it.

It is actually zero.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement