Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tue Jul 7th Colmcilles 8pm Cork Exiles FC

Options
  • 01-07-2015 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

Targetting 5 wins in a row, full squad makes wins easier.

Al -
    Calvin - Out
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Ciaran -
    Damo - In
    Dave
    Derek - In
    Jack - Injured
    Keith - In
    Ken - Out
    Kieran - In
    Mark -
    SteMcd -
    Adam - In
    Paul - In
    Tiago - In
    Craig GK - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Exiles last 3 games,

Loss against the monks
    1 goal loss agains BNY
    Draw with Ballalley

they are 6 points behind us with a game in hand so very quickly they could take 3rd spot

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Al - In
    Calvin - Out
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Ciaran - In
    Damo - In
    Dave
    Derek - In
    Jack - Injured
    Keith - In
    Ken - Out
    Kieran - In
    Mark - Injured
    SteMcd - In
    Adam - In
    Paul - In
    Tiago - In
    Craig GK - In

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Very disappointed with that disgusted even we've not lost against them since i joined the other year , lack of penetration down the wings, centre mids holding onto the ball too long, goalkicks not making it past the half way, nobody winning headers, half hearted tackles overhitting or underhitting passes we've not played like that since the beginning games.

Such a shame after the last few performances it looked like we turned a corner and could make a run for the title.
    We will have to go into the cup game friday with a different mentality the opposition maybe low in their table but lets not go in expecting a win.

• Advertisement

yeah a game we lost for sure.

I think we got a lot of penetration, we didnt do much with it, we didnt shoot and we didnt make the smart passes, in most cases we all held the ball in cases where there was an easy pass

Need to get back to winning games, tough game next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Disappointing all right but you gotta stay positive on the pitch Derek.

I think we attempted to play the same as we did last week which worked so well but Cork simply didn't let us. They pressed us and hassled us and ultimately outfought us. They were worth their win.

Probably my fault for their second goal. I'd been jockeying their tricky winger all match and pushing him away from goal which seemed to be working but that time he used the space and got a shot off.

We're still the same team as the last few weeks - we just need to adapt better when a team takes away our time. On the small pitch the only way we'll beat a physical team like Cork is to get physical as well. Another physical team next week so chance to prove the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

mrDerek wrote: »
    Very disappointed with that disgusted even we've not lost against them since i joined the other year , lack of penetration down the wings, centre mids holding onto the ball too long, goalkicks not making it past the half way, nobody winning headers, half hearted tackles overhitting or underhitting passes we've not played like that since the beginning games.

Such a shame after the last few performances it looked like we turned a corner and could make a run for the title.
    We will have to go into the cup game friday with a different mentality the opposition maybe low in their table but lets not go in expecting a win.
    I don't think it was as bad as you made out Derek. The surface was incredibly slick last night which meant balls over the top were always going to skip off the surface and run away from you while passes appeared under hit due to the defenders anticipating it, committing, and getting in front to cut it off.

We definitely weren't winning enough headers from kick outs though, so that put us under a bit more pressure than we would have liked. There also were times where we held onto the ball for too long but sometimes this was down to there not being a decent option available.
    Mousewar wrote:
    Probably my fault for their second goal. I'd been jockeying their tricky winger all match and pushing him away from goal which seemed to be working but that time he used the space and got a shot off.

I think the problems started long before they got the shot off. We got caught up the pitch and I didn't do a good enough job of stopping their midfielder who ran diagonally over to the wing and my clearance was very poor. Then when I tried to close them down, the shot went through my legs :(.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very even game decided by one soft goal (finished 2-1?) where he just gambled and took a shot with the defence backing off on the six yard box.

In the first half there were a few chances to hit it at goal but weren't taken and that might've been the difference. Their keeper barely touched the ball despite boards being around the box a lot. Speculative shots are paying off in this league.

Advertisement