Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Match Thread*** Tue Jun 2nd Colmcilles 7pm BNY

Options
  • 29-05-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

In a change to the original fixture list, this match is now on in Colmcilles at 7pm.
    Nothing like a tough match against a top opponent to force us into a good performance. Let's have it.

Al - In
    Calvin - Maybe
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Craig - Out
    Damo - In
    Dave - In
    Derek - In

Ed -
    Jack - Daniel Sturridged
    Keith - Out
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In
    Mark - In
    Sam - In

SteK - Out
    SteMcd - Out

Adam - In
    Paul - In
    Ayoub - In
    Tiago - In

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im 50/50 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

Paul - In

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

I'm out.

haven't been well the last 4-5 days, still not feeling ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Never nice to lose 5-0 but I actually thought you played pretty well. They were very clinical but you probably had more chances. Lots more composure on the ball and getting tackles in than last week, and people were playing the simple balls instead of giving it away trying difficult ones.

If you play like that against most teams in this league you'll get a result.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I'd agree, it seems to be a trait in this league that clinical finishing is making the difference.

They played three upfront on the counter attack and Boards play a system that pushes the full backs up, so they were always going to find space. But again, there were more than enough chances to get several on the scoresheet. There could've been three goals in the last five minutes alone.

Again some shots taken earlier would be a good change. There's a lot of running and beating men, getting to the endline but then getting the ball cleared away or a goalkick or corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah, sickener to lose that 5-nil when we bossed such long stretches of the match but they ripped us apart on the break.
    First half, we pushed up with fullbacks high and as a result we dominated possession in the middle of the park but it allowed them in behind us on the break (and yeah i was caught for the third goal). Second half, we sat deeper but that allowed them more room in the middle and they saw more of the ball and ultimately it didn't change things as they scored two more.
    Still though, like i said elsewhere, it was encouraging and despite the loss I see it as a very positive thing that we raised our level against a top team. It's a good sign. We just need to replicate the performance against the weaker teams and we'll start putting points on the board.

Advertisement