Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Football Team is Recruiting

Options
  • 18-02-2015 9:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, the Boards Football Team is on the hunt for new players.

We are coming to the end of the season (3 games left) and aren't in a position to win (first year in many), this allows us to use our last 3 games to give new players a run.

Games are on Tuesday Nights, they start between 19:00-21:00
    Games are in Dundrum or Knocklyon on Astro pitches.

We are recruiting for all positions.
    We operate a team first ethos and this has served us well over many years.

We have a manager, we have kit and generally we're pretty well organised, aswell as being a sound bunch of lads.

If you're interested please post below with your name and position(s)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 seanf88

I'd be interested.

I can play anywhere across the back or midfield.

Played to a decent level 11 a side until 2 years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If you can make it to any of the three remaining games, then please do.
    I'll guarantee any new faces at least a half each week, if not more.

Summer Season runs from about April for 18 weeks (10 team league, play each other twice).

Winter then runs from October to Feb, with a 2 week break at Xmas.

Match Dates Venue & Times

Tues 24th Feb Benildus 9pm
    Tues 3rd March Colmcilles 9pm
    Tues 10th March Colmcilles 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Hoping to be back after I do a half marathon in two weeks. Hoping the groin isn't totally ****ed though as running with it is fine but every time I've kicked a ball since the injury it isn't great :(. I suppose all I did before was run up and down the flanks anyway.... along with the odd amazing solo run..... :p

Craig

Be good to see you back, while you may be a horrible person you're not a bad footballer when you want to be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Kunkka wrote: »
    Hoping to be back after I do a half marathon in two weeks. Hoping the groin isn't totally ****ed though as running with it is fine but every time I've kicked a ball since the injury it isn't great :(. I suppose all I did before was run up and down the flanks anyway.... along with the odd amazing solo run..... :p

Craig

you had 1 :pac:

Be great to see you back Craig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Be good to see you back, while you may be a horrible person you're not a bad footballer when you want to be.

Let's be honest here pal, I'm a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

lads im probably out for the summer, im carrying myself into games with too many injuries and i need to rest them as much as i can - playing in goals isnt helping at all.

currently im playing Monday, Tuesday and training Thursdays, with games on Sundays also. on top of that i manage an u-10 team and that takes up the rest of my Tuesday evening and Saturdays - im getting no time at home at all and above all else, im not getting any recovery time as regards injuries. im kicking out balls minding myself expecting something to happen and its not ideal way to be playing.

something has to give and at the moment its my hamstrings. i will of course help out as much as i can and when the nice weather sets in ill probably be itching to get down and play but at the moment id appreciate it if ye found another keeper if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yamin

French player allowed :p

I'm in for Tues 10th March Colmcilles 8pm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yamin wrote: »
    French player allowed :p

I'm in for Tues 10th March Colmcilles 8pm

If you are off the Cantona/Zidane variety and like kicking ass we'll have you :pac:

What position(s) do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Yamin

When I was young I used to play as a striker but I was not very good, just fast :D I'm much better ( and I enjoy it more ) as midfielder, 6/8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 nedjordan

hi, id be interested in trying for the summer league, i play left full back, how good is the standard? i haven played in a while so wud need to get the fitness levels up to scratch

nedjordan wrote: »
    hi, id be interested in trying for the summer league, i play left full back, how good is the standard? i haven played in a while so wud need to get the fitness levels up to scratch

Game next week, standard is pretty decent but only way you'll know is by coming out and having a go

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nedjordan

cool, where and what time? who do i look out for?

We are playing in Colmcilles @ 9pm next week(knocklyon)

BaldyConscience is the guy to look out for, he'll likely be well wrapped up, he's our manager.

Unfortunately i'm not around or i'd just ask you to find to most ruggedly handsome lad at the pitch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 scholarswalk

Hi Lads,
    I'd like to come play for tonight 9pm at Colmcilles if spots available..
    I can have a go up front
    Thanks
    Declan

Yeah, please do.

We play in sky blue jerseys, bring boots (astro, or moldies), shorts, football socks and shin pads if you want them.

You'll see me in a black coat, and probably headware of some kind, to keep my bald head warm, I'll be just inside the gate, to the left.

I won't start you because we'll need to have a chat about the position you play before you go out onto the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

Hi, looking to get back playing after being out for family reasons the last 18 months.

Got myself in to reasonable shape now. Main position is goalkeeper but able to play down the left as well

colin32 wrote: »
    Hi, looking to get back playing after being out for family reasons the last 18 months.

Got myself in to reasonable shape now. Main position is goalkeeper but able to play down the left as well

will be in touch once we have a friendly organised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Hey, if you's are still looking for players, give me a shout.

Can play left back, left wing.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

will likely have a game next week so will PM with details once they're confirmed

• Advertisement

Howya lads. If there's still some room I'd be up for a run out. Still working back to fitness but play at a decent level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Howya lads. If there's still some room I'd be up for a run out. Still working back to fitness but play at a decent level.

Hey. What's your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Hey still looking for players ? Myself and a friend of mine are looking for a team to play with

Positions and what standard have you played before?

Mousewar wrote: »
    Hey. What's your position?
    Positions and what standard have you played before?

Hey I've played left wing/left back and up front so I'm fairly versatile. (either wing or up front would me my best positions though)

Played schoolboy football in Major 1 for years. Then onto Senior Football playing Major Division 1 for another few years.

Can you come to St Colmcilles tomorrow for 730pm, first game of the season?

Can you come to St Colmcilles tomorrow for 730pm, first game of the season?

Yeah that's grand for me I'm 20 mins away from there. Just the at school there is it?

Yeah that's grand for me I'm 20 mins away from there. Just the at school there is it?

Yep, the 11-a-side astro pitch is behind the school.

Parking can be an issue up there, especially for the 7pm kick offs, but should be grand for arriving between 730 and 745.

You need astro boots (or mouldies in a pinch), shin pads, socks and shorts, we provide jersey.

Can you pm me your name & number please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Heya, I'm interested in joining.

Used to play in the 11-a-side Floodlit League in Waterford but have only managed to get involved in 5-a-sides since I moved up to Dublin a couple of years a go.

Primarily a centre back or centre midfielder.

Advertisement