Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 to €1500 to spend - Alarm or CCTV ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone doing all that for €1500 is cutting a few corners , I'd be suspicious TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

KoolKid wrote: »
    Anyone doing all that for €1500 is cutting a few corners , I'd be suspicious TBH.

Depends on the size of the house and if they opt for monitoring and maintenance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Regardless of the size of the house €1500 for alarm and a decent CCTV system is too low IMO. Especially with the work involved in CCTV now licencing is in place.

We are bogging down the OPs thread with this now. Let people shop around if they are basing all this on price.
    The spec and detail you have to supply now when quoting for CCTV will easily show up the differences.
    My advice, as always, is shop around, get at least 3 quotes & compare like with like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Evolution1 wrote: »
    All depends on the cameras placement :)
    The cameras they are using are sony 700tvl Vf

I am sure they are because the CCD element within most cameras has to be manufactured by Sony. The name of Sony being used to describe a cheap Chinese €36 camera is what I believe is a flag of convenience and could be bordering on underhand carry on.
    You get what you pay for that is the bottom line and whether we like it or not we are only as good as our last job.

Ps when a 700 tvl analogue camera is compared with an IP camera well there really is only one winner there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Thanks everyone for the advice so far its very helpful. The ultimate aim would be to have both the alarm and CCTV with 3 or 4 cameras. I will start with a decent alarm system and then add CCTV. The IP aspect is appealing. I will do some more research on the set ups mentioned so far.

• Advertisement

Thanks woodoo, glad we could help.
    The IP is a handy feature on the Siemens as a starting point, but beware, not all IP cameras are compatible & Siemens will only support Siemens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Morkel28

I think yo installed cctv cameras because it will help you to monitor the security of your home when you are at home.And some of them have connected with gsm technology that send you video alert and you can see the online video of your cameras using the security apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arnieguy01

Avoid napco in my humble opinion.

Go with HKC or UTC(formerly GE Security)

Always use PSA licensed installer to keep you out of trouble!!!

Advertisement