Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition Wall Insulation

Options
  • 06-03-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got any recommendations for insulating a partition wall in my attic conversion? Walls are internal walls 4 x2. I was going to use 100mm rockwool.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

RW is fine .

to upgrade use insulated plasterboard to room side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 marielle

sinnerboy wrote: »
    RW is fine .

to upgrade use insulated plasterboard to room side

Do you need to insulate internal walls with insulated plasterboard? Is there much to be gained by using this instead of a simple plasterboard onto the wall? Also, if you use only plasterboard, should it be foil backed? Again, i'm talking about internal walls here... Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No, there is no gain (thermally) to insulate internal walls, the partition in the OP was in the attic, so I imagine that it was facing into the roof, so would be an external wall or sorts. No need for it to be foil backed either. At least not in general areas

Advertisement