Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB supply

Options
  • 13-03-2008 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

How do you decide where the ESB connection to a one off house in the country side will be, can you ring the ESB and have a technician come out and let you know where the perferred route will be ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

generally the ESB will tell you where the connection will be.
    After you apply to them for a connection, they send out a rep to recon the situation, maybe you can arrange to meet him/her on site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

As syd says, the ESB will send out an engineer to survey the site and decide how power will be provided. It's in your interest to meet with the engineer if you can(though they often turn up without notice) and run through where the poles are going and where trenching will occur(it's his choice, but they're normally quite amenable). If you want say, the last 50m to be underground then you will have to provide red ducting, trenched in with a draw rope running from the far end through to the hockey stick(meter).

Round two of the game occurs when you're actually ready to be connected. This can be like chasing shadows in many parts of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Slates

Occidental wrote: »
    As syd says, the ESB will send out an engineer to survey the site and decide how power will be provided. It's in your interest to meet with the engineer if you can(though they often turn up without notice) and run through where the poles are going and where trenching will occur(it's his choice, but they're normally quite amenable). If you want say, the last 50m to be underground then you will have to provide red ducting, trenched in with a draw rope running from the far end through to the hockey stick(meter).

Round two of the game occurs when you're actually ready to be connected. This can be like chasing shadows in many parts of the country.
    Many thanks, I've downloaded the form from from the ESB site to send off

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

I have recently applied for connection (about 2 months ago) and I get a call every 2 weeks asking me am I ready to be connected yet. They must have nothing to do any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

galway008 wrote: »
    I have recently applied for connection (about 2 months ago) and I get a call every 2 weeks asking me am I ready to be connected yet. They must have nothing to do any more.

Now you've gone and put the mockers on it!:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement