Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub €100- gaming headset

Options
  • 18-05-2020 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭

Looking for a sub €100- gaming headset for somebody. Mainly PC games like CS:GO. No bluetooth. USB or 3.5mm with splitter supplied.

Right now I'm zeroing in on the Logitech G Pro, Steelseries Arctis 3 and HyperX Cloud II.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I bought this last year as a cheap option for my work setup.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07X3RGV9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Long story short it was amazing! Super comfortable and my friends even remarked how much better my voice mic sounded. It was so good that I ended up bringing it home to use as my main set. Replacing a very expensive ASUS ROG STRIX headset. I got it for 20 pound at the time and it might be the best value for money accessory I've purchased in years.

There's a blue version for a tenner cheaper now and I would imagine it's exactly the same thing:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NUBWO-Headset-Surround-Cancelling-Compatible-black-blue/dp/B0816T8BNY/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=nubwo&qid=1589794968&sr=8-4

Now before all the audio nerds freak out, I have a pair of DT150's I use most of time when not needing a mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I think the Steelseries Arctis 5 is more on the lines of the Hyperx Cloud II

The Hyperx cloud alpha is supposed to be better audibly than the Cloud II but doesn't have 7.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Skerries wrote: »
    I think the Steelseries Arctis 5 is more on the lines of the Hyperx Cloud II

The Hyperx cloud alpha is supposed to be better audibly than the Cloud II but doesn't have 7.1

I have the Hyper X Cloud II's and I was never enamored with the sound.

Pro's: Nice strong metal headband. I can fall asleep with them in the bed without a care in the world. The Mic is ok too.

The 7.1 is handy to have, just because it needs a seperate dsp to run. If anything happens to sound on your system you can use the cord to run a pair of speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Bargain Basement :
    Got the Turtle beach recon 70 for kid and was pleasantly surprised.

Pros:
    cheap at 34 EUR free delivery with at Smyth's. https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/gaming-headsets/turtle-beach-headset-and-headphones/turtle-beach-recon-70x-gaming-headset-for-xbox-ps4-switch-pc/p/175484
    Was going to go with Amazon but said I'd support Irish and bricks and mortar etc.

Mic pretty. Pretty Good quality as I tested it out listening on other devices.

Mute mic by flipping up. Simple.

Simple volume dial on headset (always check it's up!)

Stereo sound is good for stealth mode

Cons:

Sound... Little bit tinny but I usually use Sennheiser studio headphones myself so I'm spoiled.

Cable going into headset is liable to fray, so I put on sugrue stuff when I noticed little split, but kid doesn't respect anything I get for him . Lol. So keep receipt + box etc. Smyth's are usually good for returns.

Advertisement