Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red & White barrier tape tied to gate

Options
  • 04-08-2020 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi..

Came home this evening to find a 2ft length of Red & White barrier tape tied to a bush at the top of the lane, off which I live. Another piece was tied to the fence up at my gate.

This happened a few weeks ago as well. Any idea if it's services related (ESB, Eir etc.) or anything like that?

I live very remote and there's no chance it's a wind up. Was wondering if it could be someone marking the house for some reason.

Thanks..

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nope not services related... remove immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HandsomeRover

sydthebeat wrote: »
    nope not services related... remove immediately

I removed both when I saw them. Still none the wiser.

Is there land for sale beside you or such? Perhaps it's someone (shoddily attempting to) marking a boundary or such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Dog nappers?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HandsomeRover

Is there land for sale beside you or such? Perhaps it's someone (shoddily attempting to) marking a boundary or such?

No. I own the land either side of the lane. No other houses or sites to speak of.

It crossed my mind that the ESB or the likes were marking where to erect poles or carry out works/inspections etc.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,994 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No. I own the land either side of the lane. No other houses or sites to speak of.

It crossed my mind that the ESB or the likes were marking where to erect poles or carry out works/inspections etc.

no municipal services would be marking anything on your lands without notifying you first of proposed works

Advertisement