Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I put the Christmas tree up last night. Roll on the holidays from work
    When are you off?

I've a good break this year 23rd to the 5th, really can't wait to just chill out and relax

Booked Berlin yesterday, jetting off in February :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Think I am finishing up on the 23rd and not coming back until the 5th. I have a 12,000 word assignment to do over the break but don't really mind that as I should be able to put a decent effort together in 3 or 4 days plus it will be interesting enough topic.
    Myself and the Missus already swapped Christmas presents. She bought me one half of a Samsung 40 inch UHD TV and I bought her the other half :P.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I put the Christmas tree up last night.

Post reported. :pac:

I'm sure some of us could give ye a hand with your 12,000 word assignment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Mmmmm I love my new TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Never drinking again....

Holidays, come soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mmmmm I love my new TV

Which half of the PR's TV do you have?

Brilliant! :D

I've been looking at macs...I'm gona be one of those guys!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Chinny is my wife. I thought you all knew that

Well I'll be damned....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

D'Agger wrote: »
    Well I'll be damned....:pac:

Wanna join in? :pac:

A share of the TV is not part of the deal :pac:

Happy Friday all. Doing my first ever 12 pubs today (or realistically 4-5 pubs before I slink off home)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

First Crimbo party of the year tonight!

Madness. Begins.

Love Christmas!

Welcome back Slatts. Enjoy the madness

Are you wearing a Christmas jumper?

Apparently, the holiday visa for New Zealand is fairly pricey, though I may have read it wrong. Not that I've any definite plans to head there.

Terminator trailer - why is Jai Courtney in anything?

No not going Christmas jumper.
    I've two 12 Pubs of Christmas coming up and i'll go the dodgy jumper route for them.

I'm back football training on the 8th....of this month :eek:

Jesus wept, absolutely hanging today. I stayed out much later than intented

Im still be bed, the mother of all hangovers.

Also lost my wallet and phone - im some muppet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

First weekend in a long time where I haven't been hung around at some point. The weekends are so long!
    Happy Sunday everyone.

Merry Monday, ball training tonight. May Die.

Took a chunk out of my finger last night with a peeler....if you drop something and you have an implement that can impair you in your hand....don't lunge for the falling object :pac:

No doubt we all have stories of kitchen injuries.

Saw this photo of Michael D visiting China. I love his hat, there, I said it. :pac:

PresHigginsChina15.jpg

I too, love his hat!

Any craic for the week all? Watching the Liverpool match tonight and stretching, pilates tomorrow and might head into the city on Thursday

Absolutely overloaded and up to my eyes at work.

Roll on tomorrow

Barna77 wrote: »
    Absolutely overloaded and up to my eyes at work.

Roll on tomorrow
    You off for the rest of the week or will the work subside by then?

Re-joining the gym tonight so I can swim, sauna and steam once or twice a week plus some weights and cardio here and there. Pilates tomorrow too - looking forward to a good aul stretch after training Monday - my legs are failing me atm :pac:

You off for the rest of the week or will the work subside by then?

Re-joining the gym tonight so I can swim, sauna and steam once or twice a week plus some weights and cardio here and there. Pilates tomorrow too - looking forward to a good aul stretch after training Monday - my legs are failing me atm :pac:
    Finish tomorrow..... until 5th of January

I'm shattered after the gym on Monday and yesterday. My legs won't take me too far.

Finish tomorrow..... until 5th of January

I'm shattered after the gym on Monday and yesterday. My legs won't take me too far.

85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png

Morning all. Cold cold cold ..........

Last night was ridiculous, was on my buddies balcony for roughly 5 mins with my cup of tea - went to take a sip after coming back inside and the mug was freezing!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Well D'Agg that's what you get for spending 5 mins on a balcony, at night, in the middle of December. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Well D'Agg that's what you get for spending 5 mins on a balcony, at night, in the middle of December. :P

Well said Kev.

Ya bloody eejit, D'Agg!

Knex. wrote: »
    Well said Kev.

Ya bloody eejit, D'Agg!

Here, I was grand and warm in my jacket....my hands weren't even that cold oddly....but the mug, clearly not made up of Kerry cells, couldn't hack it :pac:

Weekend plans all?

Got Call of Duty 2 Black ops 2 last weekend but haven't had a chance to play it this week - great game though, looking forward to melting into my recliner and shooting some shít for a couple of hours this weekend!

Stupid body clock, up since 7....

Have to do some christmas shopping before I go away. I need riot gear to go into town. :mad:

But I got a little present from the US, delighted I am :)

12 pubs of Christmas today :-)

Stupid body clock, up since 7....

Have to do some christmas shopping before I go away. I need riot gear to go into town. :mad:

But I got a little present from the US, delighted I am :)

Oh yeah whats that now?? :pac:
    Slattsy wrote: »
    12 pubs of Christmas today :-)

G'luck with that my man, I'm thinking I'll have a glass or two of vino dearg tonight myself

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

G'luck with that my man, I'm thinking I'll have a glass or two of vino dearg tonight myself
    I wasn't aware of the existence of any other kind of vino myself. Or I've blocked it from my memory... :D

Oh lord... I feel a hangover lurking the long grass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Panthro wrote: »
    Oh lord... I feel a hangover lurking the long grass

Get a pre-emptive 7up in the fridge.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

The girlfriend bought a garland.
    I'd never even heard of the word garland before in my life.
    When she first told me she bought a garland I presumed it was a posh git cat of some sort.
    I've learned a lot this Xmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

When she first told me she bought a garland I presumed it was a posh git cat of some sort.

Garland was the villain of the original Final Fantasy. True story.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Oh yeah whats that now?? :pac:
    Just some cheesy souvenirs and cds with holidays pics. But made my day

Have a job interview tomorrow morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Have a job interview tomorrow morning :eek:

Best of luck with the interview Barna!

+1 All the best Barna

Going to go for the gym for 9ish, light cycle, sauna, steam is all

Both lightbulbs have gone in my bathroom....need to sort that given the amount of darkness we're experiencing on a daily basis :pac:

Thanks gents.
    Interview went well, but won't have any news until after Christmas.

Had a christmas dinner last night, but I had to keep an eye on alcohol, while everyone was mullered.
    The festive booze and food calories max up started last weekend. No need to walk, I could just roll down the street...

I only properly looked into a garland now too....I was thinking more along the lines of corset-esque attire though! :pac:
    Thanks gents.
    Interview went well, but won't have any news until after Christmas.

Had a christmas dinner last night, but I had to keep an eye on alcohol, while everyone was mullered.
    The festive booze and food calories max up started last weekend. No need to walk, I could just roll down the street...

Glad to hear man! That's probably for the best - no need to be anxious over the festive period wondering when you'll hear back etc.

First saw garland mentioned and thought it was hangover cure. Anyway...

Aha! I knew I wasn't the only one who was clueless to the ways of a garland!

I am lost tbh.

Sony sure knows how to add to its PR problems, eh?

First thing I thought of when I saw they pulled it:

south-park-i-thought-this-was-america-murica.jpg

Apparently Seth Rogan was pretty jumpy on a late night talk show during the week - thought it was a PR stunt at the time but I'm assuming they've been getting death threats etc.

I'm not really sure what to make of him in general, tbh.