Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSP - Bluetooth Watch Development System €37.50 Delivered [Texas Instruments]

Options
  • 09-09-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

$49.99 (€37.65) Delivered after code. (On page 3 of checkout if you are registering for the first time).
    MSP-WDS430BT1000AD - Bluetooth Wearable Watch development system with Analog & Digital display

Use Code META_BTS

Information from Texas Instruments website.
    The Meta Watch is intended for product developers, and is not considered a consumer product.

Before ordering the Meta Watch, please review this forum thread for information regarding devices that connects with Meta Watch – as of today, the iPhone is not supported.

In addition, for support questions, please visit the Meta Watch online community.

MetaWatch is a wearable development system that enables rapid development of ‘connected-watch’ applications. With Meta Watch, developers can quickly and easily extend the interfaces of devices and applications to the wrist. The Meta Watch platforms utilize embedded Bluetooth® technology to connect to smartphones, mobile devices and other Bluetooth enabled devices. For support and complete information, visit www.metawatch.org.

MSP-WDS430BT1000AD23.jpg
    The digital+analog Meta Watch kit features:
    • A great looking watch
    • An easy-to-use Bluetooth enabled wearable development system
    • Fully-tooled; production-ready modules with FCC, CE certification
    • Stainless steel case
    • Leather strap
    • Water-resistant (3 ATM)
    • Mineral crystal lens
    • Vibrating motor
    • Three-axis accelerometer
    • Ambient light sensor
    • Dual OLED Displays
    • Analog Hands
    • 3 Buttons
    • Includes programming /charging clip & USB cable
    • Ability to easily program through external clip & cable; no need to open watch
    • Supports open source projects that support both CCS (Code Composer Studio) and IAR tool chains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Hey, thanks for the alert.

Is anyone buying this or am I the only sucker?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

jmch81 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for the alert.

Is anyone buying this or am I the only sucker?

I bought 2. One for me, and one for a friend of mine who is going to show me stuff on it :)

He rang me and asked me would i be able to get it for him. He saw it on another site and was afraid they would sell out. I don't know the other site, but they must have been getting a lot of attention for him to think that.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I ordered the one. Not sure if it will work on my phone Nexus 4 - 4.3. But i'll find a home(phone) for it. I'll have to call around to yours for training on it!

My paypal was coming up as €39.something so I paid in dollars to see if my credit card will convert for cheaper.

I'll be so cool and in with the hip crowd with my smart(ish) watch :cool:.

Edit: Any clips of this working online?

Found one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Took the plunge. Looks like its a dev kit that is being end of lifed. Only has two small display areas but I think for 40e it'll be a great tool to play around with. If I can get the display areas to show who is calling me and who has sent an sms I'll be more than happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I've really got to stop buying stuff I have no need for........maybe i'll start tomorrow. Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

what did you enter for company information when registering, i presume customs will get their cut also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

I have no idea what this does .... I'm old.

jmch81 wrote: »
    I ordered the one. Not sure if it will work on my phone Nexus 4 - 4.3. But i'll find a home(phone) for it. I'll have to call around to yours for training on it!

My paypal was coming up as €39.something so I paid in dollars to see if my credit card will convert for cheaper.

I'll be so cool and in with the hip crowd with my smart(ish) watch :cool:.

Edit: Any clips of this working online?

Found one

Nipped out for a bit.
    I found a bit of info.
    http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MetaWatch
    http://on.aol.com/video/fossil-meta-watch-wrists-on-at-google-i-o-2011-517342596

deaglan169 wrote: »
    what did you enter for company information when registering, i presume customs will get their cut also
    I entered my Friends company, but surely you could put anything? (Boards.ie :D)

Duty will only be a couple of euro if caught.

There is another that is initially nicer looking, but the code doesn't work. I would have gone for that one, but i think i'd be happier with the one i have, it's more of a 'classic' design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I bit the bullet. I put in my employers website as the company one, hope they dont mind. Must figure out what to do with it now. Anyone have a rough guess on delivery time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

RayCon wrote: »
    I have no idea what this does .... I'm old.

Same here. I think you wear it on your arm and look at it to find out what time it is. Back in my day we just used our mobile phones for that!

• Advertisement

omahaid wrote: »
    I bit the bullet. I put in my employers website as the company one, hope they dont mind. Must figure out what to do with it now. Anyone have a rough guess on delivery time?

They use DHL, so maybe 1-2 weeks?
    http://www.ti.com/general/docs/gencontent.tsp?contentId=148434

Also, because it's DHL, that almost definitely means we'll get charged an extra €8 at the door. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Christ. Stuff I don't need but want.

It says it "supports Code Composer Studio". I wonder does Code Composer come with the dev kit?

It says it "supports Code Composer Studio". I wonder does Code Composer come with the dev kit?

Yeah, it does. I definitely saw it written somewhere. I've been non stop looking for the last while, so no idea where i read it.

http://www.ti.com/tool/ccstudio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

sorted ordered one also

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, it does. I definitely saw it written somewhere. I've been non stop looking for the last while, so no idea where i read it.

http://www.ti.com/tool/ccstudio

Perfect, I just sucked down the code from github, looks handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What exactly can this watch do/be used for? Apart from the obvious, telling the time :p

From their website
    Sample code which is an Open Source Android SDK project demonstrating watch connectivity to an Android phone. The project demonstrates watch idle screen use as well as notifications for: CallerID, SMS messages, alarms, calendar events, music control, email and IM.

Not the best video, but it gives you an idea of the functions it can perform. It doesn't perform them all in this video, it only seems to show SMS, but maybe this person had only set up basic stuff at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭romperstomper

just ordered. is there a guide to starting to develop for it anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What company names/websites are people using? I really want this... for no reason at all :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,791 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doesn't work with Nexus 4... bah! :(

EDIT: Actually, does seem to work. Tempted!

EDIT 2: Bought for the hell of it!

just ordered. is there a guide to starting to develop for it anywhere?

This is where i'm going to be looking..
    http://www.metawatch.org/forums/board/16/newbie-corner
    What company names/websites are people using? I really want this... for no reason at all :confused:

Boards.ie for both :D
    I don't think it matters.

Basq wrote: »
    Doesn't work with Nexus 4... bah! :(

EDIT: Actually, does seem to work. Tempted!

Was just about to post that link :)

DO IT! :D

We'll all be equally flumoxed.. Although i'm looking at it, and it doesn't seem to be rocket science...

..2 weeks later all hair pulled out in clumps.. :rolleyes:

Got an e-mail with 9th October as an updated shipping date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Ordered, cheers for the heads up OP :)

Basq wrote: »
    Got an e-mail with 9th October as an updated shipping date.

I got that too

09/10/2013

I am hoping it is the American date format and it will be shipped today :D

I got that too

09/10/2013

I am hoping it is the American date format and it will be shipped today :D
    Oh - never thought of that. Good chance it is tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

So, you get this and......

Put in on your wrist.
    Pair it with your phone in your pocket.
    You get a message to your phone ( which beeps or vibrates in your pocket ).
    The watch does the same.
    You then remove phone from pocket and answer ( or not ) the received message.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Got my update email too...
    Yep, sent today. :)
    dodzy wrote: »
    So, you get this and......

Put in on your wrist.
    Pair it with your phone in your pocket.
    You get a message to your phone ( which beeps or vibrates in your pocket ).
    The watch does the same.
    You then remove phone from pocket and answer ( or not ) the received message.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It also tells the time. :)

Here is a list of protocols the watch can do with phone.
    https://github.com/MetaWatchOpenProjects/MetaWatch-Gen2/blob/master/Docs/rmp.md

Advertisement