Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Fire fighter new recruits 2020/21/22

Options
  • 25-02-2020 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

This is a forum for anybody that will be starting their training as a fire fighter in the next couple of years. Good for the lads to get to know eachother and help eachother out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

Dant1986 wrote: »
    This is a forum for anybody that will be starting their training as a fire fighter in the next couple of years. Good for the lads to get to know eachother and help eachother out

Have my medical today. You in the 1st class?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

janedoe88 wrote: »
    Have my medical today. You in the 1st class?

No im in the third class, how did you get on? I suppose the trainings stopped now is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

no it has been brought forward we start the 27th of April

Talk is that we will be only be training for 4 or 6 weeks then sent operational

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

I heard the recruitsare to be used as 3rd men on ambulances during the crisis..

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

skilachi wrote: »
    I heard the recruitsare to be used as 3rd men on ambulances during the crisis..

Why would they put untrained people in an ambulance to catch a possible life threatening virus for them and their families?? What would they do as 3rd person? What are they good for?? Bit of common sense needed here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭skilachi

To assist with lifting patient. They are not committing driver to Covid 19 situations. Also to prevent the Fire engine being turned out just for a lift and contaminating lads on fire engine.Are the 2 lads on Ambulance already risking exposure for themselves and families. Can't think of ant other reason they would only do 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

So dose that mean the nd and 3rd class will be running back to back and only 4 weeks also?

Advertisement