Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler

Options
  • 29-07-2019 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Im going wild camping with my son this weekend coming and im looking to get a cooler box or something to.keep.food fresh ..can anyone recommend something I dont want to.spend to much as we are only going for two nights ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I know the weekend is long gone now but freeze a few 2 litre water bottles and put them in a cardboard box beside your food. Try to make sure the bottles don't touch the food because they will freeze it.

If you are feeling adventurous some day you can try to make one of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot-in-pot_refrigerator

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GrayFox7

Hey there. I guess I'm late with my opinion too, but this might be helpful for other travelers.
    I had various cooling boxes, tried also that one mentioned above, the pot-in-pot refrigerator is a good idea, but sometimes you just don't have time to make it and keep the appropriate temperature. A simple electric 240/12v cooler box should be enough to store food and beverage for a small group of people. I would recommend checking this page about Nexo coolers, they provide various cooling solutions.

Advertisement