Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Diesel (MGO) to Kerosene

Options
  • 09-04-2020 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, I have a 25 yr old central heating boiler almost on the way out, currently running on diesel. I want to change to kerosene as I want to upgrade the boiler in the future. I'm now out of oil, can I fill with kerosene and run old boiler as is? Can't get plumber in with the virus situation. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭hargo

The pressure it runs at is slightly different. Its only a small adjustment on the boiler but i remember having problems years ago when I changed.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Not without a change of nozzle and new pressure and air settings.
    Needs someone with a flue gas analyser to do it.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Thanks to you both for your insight and experience. Looks like it's not an option until we get back to some sort of normal.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Check with your regular service guy. He might be able to advise you better than we can. He'll know the layout and if it can be safely attended to.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Iodine1

Yes good idea maybe to talk to him alright. I don't want to drag him out in the current climate though, so if it's not straight forward, I'll stick with the diesel a little longer. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement