Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Many Commute Kilcock to Dublin City Center?

• 12-07-2020 8:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

We're looking towards Kilcock for a property to buy but our main concern is the commute to city center.

We both like the area, houses are within our budget. From what I can see Maynooth (only a short drive) is the better place to get the Dart from?

Are there issues with parking at Kilcock/Maynooth/Leixlip stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

(speaking from before the pandemic)I have to get the train occasionally around 10/11am, and in my experience Leixlip has a few spaces left around 10, Maynooth would be full. Hazlehatch often has around a dozen or so spaces at that time. Obviously getting from Kilcock to there would be difficult - I'd go via Barnhall rather than Celbridge though (if there's any issues on the M4, Celbridge backs up and it will take about 40 minutes to get across the bridge). If you're able to get to Maynooth before it fills up, that would be the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Rulmeq wrote: »
    (speaking from before the pandemic)I have to get the train occasionally around 10/11am, and in my experience Leixlip has a few spaces left around 10, Maynooth would be full. Hazlehatch often has around a dozen or so spaces at that time. Obviously getting from Kilcock to there would be difficult - I'd go via Barnhall rather than Celbridge though (if there's any issues on the M4, Celbridge backs up and it will take about 40 minutes to get across the bridge). If you're able to get to Maynooth before it fills up, that would be the best option.

Would you know what time it typically fills up by in Maynooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭granturismo

jozi wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110201558

If you do a search, I think there was another thread on the Maynooth train station parking and train peak times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

jozi wrote: »

Usually it'd be full enough around 7.30, (we are not in usual times) if i was getting a train around 8 i wouldn't even bother trying.

Staplor wrote: »
    Usually it'd be full enough around 7.30, (we are not in usual times) if i was getting a train around 8 i wouldn't even bother trying.

In which case would you try for get the train from Leixlip, I think the car park is larger there?

Driving into town for 9am start won't really be an option with parking etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

There's one train at twenty past seven from Kilcock guaranteed in for nine. The eight train you'd want to be working at connolly itself.

Far better to get on at Maynooth than Leixlip.

Are Irish rail times not that accurate?

Do you do this commute yourself, have your done it for long? I think the only thing standing between us and living in Kilcock is the commute and whether we can put up with it or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,530 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There was a period of time where the 8 train was consistently 10-15mins late by Maynooth every single day; and it was then 50/50 as to whether it'd make up most of the time and keep its slot in to Connolly; or not make enough up and then have to wait multiple further minutes outside Connolly and pull in after 9. This went on for months and months

Advertisement