Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The I need a job done around my House Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Hi

Thanks very much for that information.

I will contact them immediately and really do appreciate your help.

Are you based in the city?

Is it an average size house?

I have ladders and usually do my own. Would have no bother popping over some Saturday or Sunday and will do it for free if you hold the ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Anyone got any recommendations for wooden flooring around Limerick/Munster? Suppliers and fitters.

Just realised I'll need to rip up the carpet and potentially lay wooden floors in the bedroom before the bed goes in with our new house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Anyone got any recommendations for wooden flooring around Limerick/Munster? Suppliers and fitters.

PFL Raheen Ind Est they can recommend someone to fit also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nolans in Newport. James is a good guy and have used him a number of times over the years.

I'm told Engineered wood is the way to go now for flooring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Berty wrote: »
    Nolans in Newport. James is a good guy and have used him a number of times over the years.

I'm told Engineered wood is the way to go now for flooring.
    Can +1 Nolans. Purchased from them recently and they fitted too - although the fitting charge was a little on the expensive side, it was a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 charleshardin

Thanks for your very kind offer.

I had made contact with Glanog again - it seems I may have had an old number, so somebody in Limerick is still wondering why he got my message to please come out and wash my windows for me!

Thanks for all the assistance and advice. Much appreciated,

I am looking for a good painter to do the outside of a house (Raheen area), and some rooms inside.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am looking for a good painter to do the outside of a house (Raheen area), and some rooms inside.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

0857616839 is a guy from Poland who has done a lot of work for friends and family of mine. His name is Magic.

Thanks for that.

Last time I got the same job done, it was also a Polish painter who did an excellent job - but whose name and phone number I have since lost!

Who knows - could be the same person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is it possible to have double glazing repaired? I think the gas has escaped and the glass is now fogged up form the inside. Or do I need to have the glass removed and refitted? Any recommendations on who could do it for me?

phog wrote: »
    Is it possible to have double glazing repaired? I think the gas has escaped and the glass is now fogged up form the inside. Or do I need to have the glass removed and refitted? Any recommendations on who could do it for me?

DG glazing will do it. Small job. They can pop out the glass and fix it.

Had it done recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Leonita

Evening all,
    Just wondering if any of you could recommend a decent handyman that could do a bit of gardening, maintenance etc please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

0857616839 is a guy from Poland who has done a lot of work for friends and family of mine. His name is Magic.

Think that's spelled maciej sounds like magic or mach-jik

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Leonita

Is he very expensive?  TIA

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Think that's spelled maciej sounds like magic or mach-jik

It sure is but Irish people pronounce it ars*ways so he actually goes by Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

dashoonage wrote: »
    I need a sparky to come and look at some sensor lights at my won gaf and the parents place, both close to each other. Not a standard light, 3 pir's and 3 lights on the one loop, they are stuck on in both locations and ive tried all the usual tricks. i think i need new PIR's

any suggestions ?

Still looking here. I've replaced the PIR's and everything and no joy. Still getting stuck on.

Find Mark Bennis on Facebook and send him a message I found him on Facebook posting as a handyman work. He fixed my PIR lighting on my new house which was messed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thanks Betty

Anyone know a good electrician for installing new sockets and sorting out 20 years of random cabling?

Just saw the inside of our new house without furniture, the amount of random cables coming out of and going into walls was mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭CraftySue

Anyone recommend an Architect for a small extension-bedroom+bathroom in Limerick. Need advice regarding best way to go about it - attic conversion or extend, would also have plumbing issues to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

My letting agent is an absolute joke so I'm trying to get some bits done myself. I'm looking for recommendations for someone to
    - sort out damp on the ceiling if the shower room and deal with mould on the shower door that has been there since we moved in.
    - clear the gutters and investigate a smell coming from, I think, near the gutters
    - repair a shed to make it waterproof
    -dispose of some things that the previous tenant has left behind like a TV, and some broken furniture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

CraftySue wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an Architect for a small extension-bedroom+bathroom in Limerick. Need advice regarding best way to go about it - attic conversion or extend, would also have plumbing issues to work out.

Joe O'Shaugnessy in Gileece McDonell O'Shaugnessy architects is very good. We got another architect in before and he told us we'd need €250,000 "to do it right".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can anyone recommend me a place to get a Persian rug cleaned around the city?

Anyone recommend somewhere to sell (and install) a good car alarm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,291 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend somewhere to sell (and install) a good car alarm?

Try CarCom on Henry Street. I have no personal experience but heard positive things about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Looking for someone call to the house to supply & fit a washing machine door seal asap, please, if anyone can recommend
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Need my front PVC door lifted and oiled. Where's best for this? As any new build settlement causes chaos and need to get this done as the door is catching the frame badly now.

Can anyone recommend a handyman in the Limerick area that would tile a bathroom and install a shower unit?

phog wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a handyman in the Limerick area that would tile a bathroom and install a shower unit?

I can give you the details of two people, one the plumber to install the shower unit, the tiler to tile. I've a tiler ongoing in my house who gave me the plumbers number. It's their mobiles so I'll PM the details if you want but if you want one person to do both then I don't know anybody.

Berty wrote: »
    I can give you the details of two people, one the plumber to install the shower unit, the tiler to tile. I've a tiler ongoing in my house who gave me the plumbers number. It's their mobiles so I'll PM the details if you want but if you want one person to do both then I don't know anybody.

I was hoping for the one guy but send me their names/contact details anyway, please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

I just had my bathroom redone and the plumber supplied his own tiler. I can PM you his details if you want me to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,291 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can anyone recommend somebody to supply and fit a folding attic stairs and flooring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

bazz26 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend somebody to supply and fit a folding attic stairs and flooring?

Not sure about the flooring, you'd have to ask but got this crowd round for the folks house , the last year or two, was happy

https://theatticstairs.ie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Not sure about the flooring, you'd have to ask but got this crowd round for the folks house , the last year or two, was happy

Same, in and out, no hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Tree wrote: »
    Same, in and out, no hassle.

Another thumbs up for theatticstairs.ie from me ;)

Fast and very tidy work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Need my front PVC door lifted and oiled. Where's best for this? As any new build settlement causes chaos and need to get this done as the door is catching the frame badly now.

I got a guy called William Murphy to do mine. His company is Limerick Repairs on 087 8040524.

My patio door was sticking badly and I had to get a window fixed as well. The seal was gone. He did the whole lot for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Hi. I am looking for someone to build a small garden wall. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Cian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Looking for recommendations for someone to install new kitchen units. The units will be assembled, not flat pack. PM me if you need more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi there. Looking for handyman to come and do some work around my house. If anyone can recommend someone I'd really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I’m looking for someone to lay a 30 N concrete base for a 3x2m shed if anyone knows someone?

Probably not going to be able to use any recommendations for a while, but does anyone know a place that will take out and replace the glass panes in a couple of velux windows? Bonus points if they replace velux blinds also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Euphrates

I'm looking for someone to plaster a bedroom wall and supply and fit a small bit of skirting board. And to set up a retractable clothes line in the back garden. General handyman. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

kiersm wrote: »
    I just had my bathroom redone and the plumber supplied his own tiler. I can PM you his details if you want me to

Any chance of a PM with these details as well please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

keane2097 wrote: »
    Probably not going to be able to use any recommendations for a while, but does anyone know a place that will take out and replace the glass panes in a couple of velux windows? Bonus points if they replace velux blinds also.

Worth trying Velux directly. Had an incident a few years ago where one of the windows in my house shattered. There was a bad batch out there about 20 years back. Anyway velux replaced all of them for free but they have people on the road doing it. No idea of cost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Any recommendations for someone to put in a small concrete base (it's for underneath one of those masonry bbqs).

Could try it myself but the ground is a bit uneven and we're on about possibly paving that part of the garden so might need someone in to do that anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Hi there
    I need some help with my garden. Clearing weeds and tidying up. Someone reasonable and wont break the back. Not big garden

Thanks

Any recommendations for companies for sheds would be welcome.

We're looking to get a metal one because we dont want maintenance. The wooden one our house came with is falling to pieces so extra points for suggestions that will also take the existing shed away.

Any recommendations for companies for sheds would be welcome.

We're looking to get a metal one because we dont want maintenance. The wooden one our house came with is falling to pieces so extra points for suggestions that will also take the existing shed away.

Steeltech, dock road. You will have to pour a concerete base first for a steel shed, then lay the shed on it and then come back and pour the internal floor. This being the biggest negative of going steel over timber.

For timber, just in case, as I got 11 years out of my last one, moved out 1 year ago so assume it's still going strong then Steeltech do the sheds from ObriensTimberproducts, they sell them at the same price anyway so need to go direct.

There's another place in Charleville by the Lidl/Aldi distribution centre. Couldn't tell you if they're open these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Any recommendations for someone to put in a small concrete base (it's for underneath one of those masonry bbqs).

Could try it myself but the ground is a bit uneven and we're on about possibly paving that part of the garden so might need someone in to do that anyway

This has grown legs - we're paving and putting in a base for a steeltech shed - any recommendations for anyone? We've been talking to Joe Lawlor and Creative Driveways, any comments on either

I didn't think I'd find it so hard to get somebody to fit a replacement back door for me. Some too busy and others just don't even bother answering voicemails/emails/web enquiries(even before the lockdown which is why I'm only getting back to it now)

Anybody help suggesting someone for a new/replacement uPvc back door? Getting the feel that the job is just too small for people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement