Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee!

Options
  • 23-07-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Where would be the best place to go to get coffee in the city after 6?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

good question. I don't think there is anywhere open after six in the city centre, as in a proper coffee place?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Even a hotel? Im not too familiar with limerick!

Ah, yeah, the hotels will do them I reckon....

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

some really nice pubs where you can get a coffee and they wont be full of drinkers....maybe the bailey,bourkes,aubars or the new still house?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Try Lulu's cafe at the top of Catherine St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Lulu's Cafe, O'Connells, or The Baily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I've noticed that Olio and Farina Caffé on Little Catherine Street have been open a few late nights recently. Nice place. I don't know their exact opening hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Thanks for all the replies! It really is a shame that Limerick doesnt have many late night cafes!

trinz23 wrote: »
    some really nice pubs where you can get a coffee and they wont be full of drinkers....maybe the bailey,bourkes,aubars or the new still house?

Seriously? Bourkes is like walking onto a pirate ship most evenings and nights! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alan Andrews

Your best option is a hotel.
    Depends on what you are looking for - Aubars doesn't do food any more so i doubt they even have a coffee machine - and its now Paddy frawleys pub if you are visiting during the week, aubars on the weekends.

you could try the cornstore - they do a decent effort on coffee, and may allow you to sit in the bar area

Olio and Farina now open later on fridays but close earlyish rest of the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I don't drink coffee myself but my bffs do, we could only meet after 6 there for awhile and we went to the George for it (be having tea myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alan Andrews

tea ?? pfffff lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

upstairs of chocolate on o'connell street. have gone in there with a friend for chat and hot chocolate so am sure they serve just coffee too or maybe a dessert n coffee if u want food

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

It’s an ancient thread but yeah like pub lobby would allow any competition after 6pm. I find it disgraceful that still no coffee places can be open past 6 thank to the publicans. Then they tell you that you can have coffee in a pub after that time which is laughable. Just the looks I was getting trying to get one and excuses that the machine is turned off or nobody knows how to use it. 8 year old thread and nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Let me get this right. An 8 year old thread is dug up to complain about coffee shops still not being open after 6 due to the publicans? I thought it was obvious but coffee shops are only just after opening again after being closed for 4 months due to that little thing in the news called a global pandemic. Those businesses that did manage to survive are probably not running at full capacity yet and might not be for some time due to having to adapt their businesses to the new normal. That costs money as does staying open after 6pm. If demand was there for after 6 trading I'm sure they would be happy to do it. There were a few open pre Covid-19 but given the small footfall I'd imagine it was difficult to compete for that small footfall with the likes of big chain Starbucks who can absorb the small numbers far easier than a small independent trader.

BTW I really hope the coffee isn't half as cold as this zombie thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

bazz26 wrote: »
    Let me get this right. An 8 year old thread is dug up to complain about coffee shops still not being open after 6 due to the publicans? I thought it was obvious but coffee shops are only just after opening again after being closed for 4 months due to that little thing in the news called a global pandemic. Those businesses that did manage to survive are probably not running at full capacity yet and might not be for some time due to having to adapt their businesses to the new normal. That costs money as does staying open after 6pm. If demand was there for after 6 trading I'm sure they would be happy to do it. There were a few open pre Covid-19 but given the small footfall I'd imagine it was difficult to compete for that small footfall with the likes of big chain Starbucks who can absorb the small numbers far easier than a small independent trader.

BTW I really hope the coffee isn't half as cold as this zombie thread.

Mother of Jesus you are some angry man. Please do tell me what I can comment on in the future. How Covid even come in to this I’m not sure. Just calm down honey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Mother of Jesus you are some angry man. Please do tell me what I can comment on in the future. How Covid even come in to this I’m not sure. Just calm down honey.

He's dead right FFS...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

It’s an ancient thread but yeah like pub lobby would allow any competition after 6pm. I find it disgraceful that still no coffee places can be open past 6 thank to the publicans. Then they tell you that you can have coffee in a pub after that time which is laughable. Just the looks I was getting trying to get one and excuses that the machine is turned off or nobody knows how to use it. 8 year old thread and nothing has changed.

The publicans have no power to stop a coffee shop opening late if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nope. Just saying it as I see it. A bizarre post with a bit of tin foil hat conspiracy mixed in for good measure. And if you think Covid-19 isn't a factor in why coffee shops are not open after 6pm at the moment then you must be living under a rock for the last 4 or 5 months.

It would seem your the one getting your knickers in a twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Seriously would want to get your priorities in order mate, FFS

• Advertisement
Advertisement