Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Fast" Eddie Clarke

Options
  • 11-01-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭

The DM is reporting that former Motörhead founding guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke has died. With Lemmy and "Philthy Aninal" Taylor, he was in the classic Motörhead lineup responsible for Ace of Spades, Bomber, Overkill & Iron Fist, but he left in 1982 because he didn't like Stand By Your Man ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's a shame, was a privilege seeing him in action over a year ago in the Academy even if it was just with Fastway he did however join Saxon though for a belting 'Ace of Spades'...R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

ah boll1x great guitarist-original three back together RIP Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

RIP Eddie
    the last or the legendary motorhead boys I'm sure lemmy and phil will have a special welcome for him

very talented and underrated guitarist RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

That's a shame, was a privilege seeing him in action over a year ago in the Academy even if it was just with Fastway he did however join Saxon though for a belting 'Ace of Spades'...R.I.P.

That was truly great! Unfortunately the only time I saw Motorhead was after Eddie had left, so it was great to hear THAT riff played by the man who originally played it...

RIP

Advertisement