Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henley Multi Fuel Stoves

Options
  • 31-08-2010 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,
    am thinking about installing a multi fuel stove in place of an open fireplace where the smoke comes back down the chimney for unknown reasons, sometimes windy sometimes calm days. Have tried everything with no joy. Will the stove work and has anyone heard of henley stoves and if they are easy to get spare parts for?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

BUMP.
    Anyone have any experience with these stoves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

lotus123 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    am thinking about installing a multi fuel stove in place of an open fireplace where the smoke comes back down the chimney for unknown reasons, sometimes windy sometimes calm days. Have tried everything with no joy. Will the stove work and has anyone heard of henley stoves and if they are easy to get spare parts for?:)

Get your chimney swept and inspected 1st as you may very have debris in it or a birds nest in it,so the smoke is not exscaping freely.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

Any feedback on this stove at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmett1

Has anyone installed a Henley Blasket Stove. We are installing a multi fuel stove. Our plumber stated we need a stove that puts out 50,000 btu at least to heat our home and water sufficiently. We have looked at a Reginald stove (48,000 BTU), Black Smith Farrier, Inis Mor Boiler and an Aidan High Pressure stove.

Every stove centre we go to, tell us that their product is better than the last one we seen.(With the sellers stating, this is the stove I have in my house). Getting a bit muddled at the minute.

Help and guidance would be appreciated. We are building a chimney for this so I have to get it right.

Cheers
    Emmett

Emmett1 wrote: »
    Has anyone installed a Henley Blasket Stove. We are installing a multi fuel stove. Our plumber stated we need a stove that puts out 50,000 btu at least to heat our home and water sufficiently. We have looked at a Reginald stove (48,000 BTU), Black Smith Farrier, Inis Mor Boiler and an Aidan High Pressure stove.

Every stove centre we go to, tell us that their product is better than the last one we seen.(With the sellers stating, this is the stove I have in my house). Getting a bit muddled at the minute.

Help and guidance would be appreciated. We are building a chimney for this so I have to get it right.

Cheers
    Emmett

I went and got the blaskett afterwards. To be honest it turns out that it hasn't been installed correctly by my builder so i can't give any real feed back. Be certain that all the system specs and configuration are agreed before anything is installed. The coil and pipework it is connected to should be 1 inch gravity flow with no interruptions and the pump should be placed on the return from the rads. when i get thing fixed up i'll stick up a post on how it performs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

How did you gen on with it, am thinking of going the stove route myself and those henley stoves seem to be good value

I finally got it all sorted and couldn't be happier with the setup. I have 12 rads in the house and with a good fire going all these rads will be hot. If you are trying to set this up in conjunction with an oil/gas boiler pm me ur email so i can send ya on some configuration info. It's my experience that these are configured incorrectly more often than not so don't go in head first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shanechippy

Hey i installed my Blasket stove one year ago to the date and last week my grate started to deteriorate. The fire cement has cracked off on the inside so the fire bricks are loose. As well as this my rads have never heated up but i think this could be due to 10mm copper pipework and some older rads. I have put all new rads upstairs and new qualpex 5/8 pipework to go with but they also dont heat up much. Any suggestions as to what could be the problems.
    You mentioned about running in conjunction with Oil which mine does also.

Hey i installed my Blasket stove one year ago to the date and last week my grate started to deteriorate. The fire cement has cracked off on the inside so the fire bricks are loose. As well as this my rads have never heated up but i think this could be due to 10mm copper pipework and some older rads. I have put all new rads upstairs and new qualpex 5/8 pipework to go with but they also dont heat up much. Any suggestions as to what could be the problems.
    You mentioned about running in conjunction with Oil which mine does also.

There are some cracks on the inside of mine also. I don't think there as good as the stanley eireann. Thats what i'd buy if i was to do it all again. When you say the grate is deteriorating do you mean the piece that you set the fire on? That would be very disappointing. I'm not a plumber but i don't think a rad circuit should be plumbed with 10mm anything. 5/8 sounds a bit better alright, I think mine is done with 3/4 so there wouldn't be a huge difference. Anyway I think if you don't get any heat in the rads at all, your configuration is not right.

A few people have pm'd me asking how is mine configured so here it is for everyone to see. I can't say this will work for everybody but i'm quite happy with it for the mo.
    screen10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aeshomail

Dear mashtun if you still have configuration info on henly blasket boiler stove could you please email me same to <snip> as I've just bought one and have been hearing horror stories about incorrect installation, i'll be running in conjuction with a oil burner to ten rads. much thanks in the hope you still have the info, regards Liam

[mod] It's better to PM email addresses rather than publish them for all to see[/mod]

• Advertisement

apoligies mashtun just saw your later post...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thanks for that Stella

HI All, I'm looking at a Henley stove (Blasket) any update since last posts? on performance, Grate, and Fire bricks. I see one for sale €1,250.

Hi there, installed a Henley blasket almost 12 months ago and although the performance is good I do not think it justifies the price as I had yeomans in the past which were much cheaper and every bit as good. i'm now discovering the build quality wasn't any better in the henley and if anything the yeomans were better designed. think if I was to spend this money again (eur 1200) I go for a Stanley like my friends or else settle for a cheaper brand and spend the balance on fuel and hot whiskies. lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Thanks for that Stella

Thanks for that aeshomail,

I was looking at the same stove (The Blasket) priced at €1200. It looked good and its specs are what i think would suit our home, which is a 3 bed bungalow which has 10 rads at the moment, two of these rads are very small (20'20') and the three largest ones are 55x20, and are Doubles. The other 5 rads are in between these sizes and some of them are singles. With an output of 15Kw to the water and rads and a 6Kw to the room i had my eye on this stove.

I read somewhere about this stove that after 12 months the grate went and there were problems with the fire bricks? Its back to the drawing board i think.

Any more info on the Stanley stove's would be great.

Thanks again.

Have a blasket, grate collapsed & fire bricks are crumbling. The old man has a stanley eireann and hasn't had any such grief. Shell out the extra few bob for the enamel, it's a much better finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

aeshomail wrote: »
    Hi there, installed a Henley blasket almost 12 months ago and although the performance is good I do not think it justifies the price as I had yeomans in the past which were much cheaper and every bit as good. i'm now discovering the build quality wasn't any better in the henley and if anything the yeomans were better designed. think if I was to spend this money again (eur 1200) I go for a Stanley like my friends or else settle for a cheaper brand and spend the balance on fuel and hot whiskies. lesson learned.

Yeoman don't do a freestanding boiler that big.
    If they did it would be double the price !
    Great stove yes,but not cheap.

Advertisement