Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paquiao vs Mayweather fight

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

He's a big box office draw though - he has a really really hardcore fan base of the eat coast i believe. The type that will inflate the PPV figures for floyd.

Floyd is completely pointless at this stage - why not fight sugar shane, especially as shane called him out during his interview at the end of his last fight - but, no, Floyd once again avoids him.

Whats the bets he comes him way over weight again against Malignaggi - a fighter that will be adding weight to fight him (i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

akindoc wrote: »
    Did you miss the part where i wrote 10 million per pound? That's not a concession. OK.

As for who is the bigger draw, against common opponents (DLH/Hatton/JMM), what were their respective PPV numbers? Who drew more? Floyd by a considerable margin.

Manny wasnt the sensation globally that he is today when he fought Marquez.

Floyd was "coming out of retirement... loads wanted to see him, more wanted to see him beat and root for the little guy"

De La Hoya: was coming off an impressive looking win against MAYORGA ANd his stock was higher at the time he foouoght Floyd. When he fought Pac he was calling out a tiny fighter and was after looking like muck against Steve Forbes.

Hatton: Undefeated when challenging Floyd, people thought he could win etc.When he fought Pac he had a loss. This imo would be the best gauge out of the three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

ragg wrote: »
    Paulie Malignaggi - good to see "money" is not afraid to fight the big boys

I will not be watchin this fight even if it's free, a complete joke. Matthew Hatton would be even worse. Who would pay to see that crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

ODD-JOB wrote: »
    Also what i find interesting is Malinaggi's comments slating Pacq . As Paulie now finds the doors of oportunity opening for himself .

Cintron was the other fighter to openly defame Pacq .. I wouldnt be surprised to see his name now crops up as a possible opponent ?

As I predicted , the very people who slung accusations out loud ....
    I was waiting to see what the real motive was for coming out with these accusations ,.
    They now look to be beneficiary from the collapse of the fight.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=24693

So transparent .

Advertisement